Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times

Advertisements

I have them in a rental property's french doors and also once had them in another house. After they were installed my general contractor told me that he'd installed the same brand (I don't remember) for another customer and the internal blinds were raised and then got stuck when the owner was trying to lower them. He said this customer was having trouble getting the company to honor warranty/repair them. So I actually spackled in the raising track so tenants could not raise the blinds, only open or close them. My tenants are aware of the reason and I actually added a clause in the lease saying they can't raise of lower the french door blinds -- only open or close --- because replacing them would be very expensive. Just thought I'd add this information for you. They are great, though, and stay clean plus kids & animals can't get to the blinds to damage them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
my cousin has them in all the rooms, they are the windows that crank out , casement? but no need for curtains, the only thing when the window is fully open there is then no window covering, if thats a problem.

In the sliding doors, i think this was the greatest invention...

Old 01-28-2014, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 494 times
is there any problem with moisture between the glass panes that house the internal blinds with the new pella designer window with triple panes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House