U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 AM

3,866 posts, read 5,650,468 times

Advertisements

I've seen these and really like the idea of added safety with no hanging cords. Does anyone here have them, and are they worth it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 02:49 PM

5,244 posts, read 14,908,932 times
We have the french doors like that and love them and would love to find the windows too, but so far can't locate a company that makes them. If I found them, I'd definitely put them in.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:14 PM

589 posts, read 7,444,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
We have the french doors like that and love them and would love to find the windows too, but so far can't locate a company that makes them. If I found them, I'd definitely put them in.
We just replaced all the sealed glass units in my partner's house with internal mini-blind units equipped with a perimeter extrusion that housed the controls. It was a relatively simple procedure and the cost certainly wasn't prohibitive. All we had to do in order to get them was call up our buddy who owns a window manufacturing shop (OK, it's a huge factory, but that's a topic for an other day) and his crew made them up in a week or so.

Now, I don't know if you happen to have a window manufacturer in the vet's office where you're spaying or neutering something but you probably have one somewhere else in whatever city/town you call home. So look 'em up in the phone book and make a call. It might take a little while for these guys to get the SGU perimiter (internal controls) extrusions in but once they have them your replacement, mini-blind equipped, glass units will be ready to install in short order.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:48 PM

5,244 posts, read 14,908,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Grouch View Post
We just replaced all the sealed glass units in my partner's house with internal mini-blind units equipped with a perimeter extrusion that housed the controls. It was a relatively simple procedure and the cost certainly wasn't prohibitive. All we had to do in order to get them was call up our buddy who owns a window manufacturing shop (OK, it's a huge factory, but that's a topic for an other day) and his crew made them up in a week or so.

Now, I don't know if you happen to have a window manufacturer in the vet's office where you're spaying or neutering something but you probably have one somewhere else in whatever city/town you call home. So look 'em up in the phone book and make a call. It might take a little while for these guys to get the SGU perimiter (internal controls) extrusions in but once they have them your replacement, mini-blind equipped, glass units will be ready to install in short order.

I actually run an accounting department in a hotel, but feel like I live in the vet office, LOL!!

My town has 200 people. Not a stop light to be found, let alone window manufacturer. However, I'm sure I can find one in a neighboring town. Didn't realize you can customize that though. Excellent!!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:44 PM

3,485 posts, read 18,327,593 times
I have the blinds inside the glass in french doors I put in. It keeps the blinds from crashing and bouncing when you open and close the door. Also, no cleaning. I've had them 2 years and they show no signs of wear or tear. I also keep them up and out of site most of the time. They have internal magnetic controls to raise, lower and close them. I seldom use them becasue of the lack of need for privacy from where they open into.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 PM

2,894 posts, read 7,923,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Pella makes a replacement window with the in blind/shade feature.
Pella® Windows and Doors - Our Products - Designer Series® Between-the-Glass Fashions

Look for the Designer Series. We put them in our old house and love them! No more dusty window treatments They also have the tilt feature for easy cleaning.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:45 PM

8,292 posts, read 24,362,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I've seen these and really like the idea of added safety with no hanging cords. Does anyone here have them, and are they worth it?
I installed double french patio doors with them. So far so good.

The only problem is that if/when one breaks, it's big bucks to get it fixed.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 PM

41,270 posts, read 51,105,093 times
We had a sliding patio door with them and they were super...Pella. There may be other versions now that are cheaper.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,509 times
windows with blinds between the glass you might what to check out [url=http://www.royaltechwindows.com]Home|Royal-Tech Windows|Featuring Blinds between the Glass|33 Colors|Several stain colors[/url] they have them 33 colors patio doors doors windows new construction or replacement check it out worth a look

Old 03-26-2011, 04:01 PM

246 posts, read 1,263,702 times
Sister has them. They are awesome......the blinds never get dirty and requires no cleaning because it is between the glass.....what a great idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House