Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:35 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times

Advertisements

The Clayton Homes I am used to seeing around here are cheesy double-wides that drop in value worse than a new car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
The Clayton lot I visited in TN does both mobile and modular homes. I was told that any mobile home I saw and liked could be custom built as a modular home also. The ex does construction and was impressed with the framing and insulation of the modulars we looked at, liked 'em better than what usually goes into a stick built here. The regular mobile homes he didn't like so much.
Yup.....that is what I was saying. Structurally they are the same or better then a stick built on site.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,299,067 times
Clayton Homes has their main offices here in Knoxville. The majority of the homes they make here are mobile homes, and not the highest quality IMHO.

I get calls all the time from people that are having trouble. Directory Assistance gives my number out sometimes when people call 411 for their number. Kind of funny, but then NOT.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 PM

148 posts, read 585,134 times
Clayton makes both modular and mobile homes. Compared to some other manufacturers, I think they are overpriced for the quality you get. In my area, they also charge more than some other builders for site work/setup on these homes. I just wasn't very impressed with them.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:46 PM

24,467 posts, read 25,999,509 times
Mobile homes vs Manufactured homes are two different animals.

Might want to check these out.

Manor Series

Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM

64 posts, read 186,557 times
Default Don't buy one

I bought a clayton home in 2007 and it was as if the bulders were drunk!!!! The home house sent our the "fix it crew" ( suppose to be the best guys they have to fix any mistakes) The guys cut the heads in my front room window and were putting in the new window with no headed in place. they had to fix the window because they were put in at the base of the floor, not where window are suppose to go. Plus they had to pull out all the showers because they put the handles so high I (only 5'4) could hardly reach they turn the shower on. They told me my kids can stand on the shower sit to get up and turn the shower on. After the put in the shower they guys had no idea how to put a shower door on. Oh I could go on and on....simpley don't waste your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House