Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
Just the other day it was announced that many Billions were going to be spent on online purchases this holiday season.

I guess many people mistakenly think that most of the people selling products online stock the products.

Some do but most do not, they drop ship from their suppliers as I do and you find a problem with that.

That means they/I don't have rent to pay to store inventory and pay tax on inventory, or the insurance costs to insure it, utilities to light/cool/heat the building etc. etc. etc..

That is very good for consumers because it keeps the sellers'costs down and makes the purchase much less expensive.

Most people do not think that stocking products increases the sellers' knowledge of the products, or the quality of the products. But I stocked many 1000s of dollars of products for 18 years as a local dealer. I also sold and installed those products and serviced them and competitors' products, and I sell the same products today. And as nhmaster says and you agree with, I know water treatment and the equipment used; meaning all equipemnt not just what I sell.

I also know well construction, EPA regulations and ground and surface water contaminants, codes, groundwater issues, pumps and pressure tanks. And for some reason business is booming. I'm thinking it's all you folks going on about me. Looking at my statistics, the number of people reading my posts wherever we all post, they are way up. So thanks y'all for the increased exposure. If it keeps up, I may send you and your hubby a belated Christmas card.
I do wonder how many "big ticket" items are purchased on the net. We will put to to a little test. In the next mouth or so, you will sale a softener to a unhappy customer. Let us see what happens. I have a few grand to play with here.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:48 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,688,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I do wonder how many "big ticket" items are purchased on the net. We will put to to a little test. In the next mouth or so, you will sale a softener to a unhappy customer. Let us see what happens. I have a few grand to play with here.
Let me get this right.

In the next few months, you are going to purchase a system under an assumed name. You are then going to "pretend" that there is a problem.

No matter what Gary does to fix a problem that doesn't really exist, you are then going to drag him through the mud to prove a point.

....And you have the nerve to say that he is the one with an ethics problem.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
Let me get this right.

In the next few months, you are going to purchase a system under an assumed name. You are then going to "pretend" that there is a problem.

No matter what Gary does to fix a problem that doesn't really exist, you are then going to drag him through the mud to prove a point.

....And you have the nerve to say that he is the one with an ethics problem.
Yes, however if it goes well, I will also post that. I will not be taking delivery, it will be out of state.

This could also be his best ad.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:14 PM

286 posts, read 1,481,572 times
Quote:
Why send it late? You have time!!!!

Maybe you can answer my questions too. You have no license or business property. If I were truly an unsatisfied customer, what is my recourse? How or where would I file a claim?

Now, you can say all your customer are happy. But, let us just say one is not. Do you continue to fight, belittle them and say you are right and they are wrong?? Just that demeanor scares me to death in a sales person.
Sorry, I didn't know there was a Use By date on replying to a post. I've seen you be weeks to over a month late.

I nor any other online water treatment dealer has to have a license, or have any type of business property.

Name me someone that does have to have a license, or business property, to sell common general everyday household or other products as an online dealer; pumps, pressure tanks, water heaters, softeners, stoves ovens sinks well driller supplies, tools, toilet paper, food of all kinds.... I could go on. Possibly you're going on about something that doesn't exist.

You would be a unsatisfied (I think that should be dissatisfied) customer in what way?

File a claim for what?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
You really need to get out more. Big ticket items are purchased online everyday, including weekends and holidays.

So you or someone you get to do it for you are fraudulently going to make a purchase of a softener from me and then you or that person is going to pretend that you/they are "a unhappy customer" to see how I handle that.

Define "unhappy". Unhappy about what?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't know there was a Use By date on replying to a post. I've seen you be weeks to over a month late.

I nor any other online water treatment dealer has to have a license, or have any type of business property.

Name me someone that does have to have a license, or business property, to sell common general everyday household or other products as an online dealer; pumps, pressure tanks, water heaters, softeners, stoves ovens sinks well driller supplies, tools, toilet paper, food of all kinds.... I could go on. Possibly you're going on about something that doesn't exist.

You would be a unsatisfied (I think that should be dissatisfied) customer in what way?

File a claim for what?
Late to send a Christmas card....

You said you might mail me a belated Christmas card... You have time.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Hey! Go fishing.
Stop beating the dead horse.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 AM

101 posts, read 545,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Hey! Go fishing.
Stop beating the dead horse.
Has the horse really died?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy CWS View Post
Has the horse really died?
Well let's see what you think.

Do you believe that someone that orders something fraudulently or otherwise and then refuses the delivery is an "unhappy customer" when they didn't so much as open any of the boxes?

Do you think that when the boxes are returned to the shipper, that the dealer has to do anything more than say... OoooKaaaay then! and in due time refund the purchaser's payment minus all shipping costs and the restocking fee stated in the Polices on his/her web site that are required by all credit card companies, and then when within days the dealer will have his/her credit or refund for his cost of materials sold and everyone is happy but the fake 'customer'?

Old 01-05-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Well let's see what you think.

Do you believe that someone that orders something fraudulently or otherwise and then refuses the delivery is an "unhappy customer" when they didn't so much as open any of the boxes?

Do you think that when the boxes are returned to the shipper, that the dealer has to do anything more than say... OoooKaaaay then! and in due time refund the purchaser's payment minus all shipping costs and the restocking fee stated in the Polices on his/her web site that are required by all credit card companies, and then when within days the dealer will have his/her credit or refund for his cost of materials sold and everyone is happy but the fake 'customer'?
Whoa!!!!! What is your return policy?? Do you mean if the box has been opened, you would not take the system back???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House