Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times

Advertisements

Funny, I have never seen a baseboard heater here It makes so much sense to place the heater down at the floor, but nobody does, mine sits just underneath the ceiling

Did you have to connect your Trane to the exterior somehow? Or is it a mobile stand-alone device without external ducts etc.? I am not allowed to install anything...

I wish people would start to build those new zero-energy homes on a large scale. They even work in places like Germany, so it should be child's play in southern Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It was less expensive than some of the other types.
At this point it's going to be the most expensive way to heat your home using standard electric just about everywhere, the least efficient and the most polluting because the efficiency from the source is so small. There's a lot of wasted energy before it gets to your house. A lot of people have the misconception that electric is "clean" compared to a household that is directly burning a fuel like oil, natural gas or even coal for that matter but that is not the case.

Since the heat pump is so much more efficient you'll save money over standard electric and many other sources but I'd be leery about that with this energy bill looming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House