Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Willimgton: You can not build new houses right now. No none zero natta banks are lending and no none zero natta buyers are buying. Unless you are playing with your own money you can not build even if you wanted to. And if you did build with your own money you are stark starring nuts!!

Have ya heard? America is in the worse depression since 1928. Factory production is at it's lowest since 1916. Unemployment is the highest in history. $100 billion in retirement nest eggs lost....poof....vanished. $3 trillion dollars in home equity lost......poof.....vanished. Foreclosures reaching 70% of all homes in several cities. What fool would go out and buy a new house now? You tell me. Dont give me that $200,000 house today that was $350,000 about 3 years ago. That $200,000 house now is going to be worth $150,000 next year. What kind of bargain is that? These will be the next wave of foreclosures. Homes are a falling asset right now and if you ever played the stock market you would know how to play momentum.

We all here appreaciate your enthusiasm but building homes is as dumb as the way this govt just gives away money that is not theirs to give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:49 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonstructural View Post
Sorry, I guess you miss understand my point. I am actually asking how to start up a business regarding building a new house, all of my question mostly related to " real live" problem. NOT the technical problem you came cross in the exam. Please read my question and I will be more appreciate with your CONSTRUCTIVE answer. Thank you.
I understood your question just fine, I wasn't talking about exam questions. I'll stand by my answer.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:12 AM

3,072 posts, read 8,415,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonstructural View Post
I just got my license in General Contracting and I cannot wait to start searching my new land for my first custom homes.

Of course, thinking and actually working is totally two things. I am now asking if anybody can give me some advice how can I start? some advices on financing?( I don't have too much cash, but I have excellent credit.)

If you are have any experience, please let me know.

1) Land searching
2) Financing
3) Finding labors(trade)
4) Selling the house
Wow! You sure got some BIG Kahonahs!!

Far be it from me to whiz on your parade so here goes:

Start here: Small Business Administration (http://www.sba.gov/ - broken link)
Then go try these links:
North Carolina Small Business Guide | Business.gov
A Guide to Setting Up a Small Business in North Carolina :: Johnston Community College, Smithfield, NC
SBTDC - Starting a Business
Business Owner's Toolkit: North Carolina
A Review of State Business Assistance Websites - ABC's of Small Business (http://greateasyjet.com/bizbasics/gettingstarted/state_resource_too.html - broken link)

Don't forget to check with your State's "Secretary of State" and Comptroller offices for tax info, and also your state web site for employer laws, etc., etc., etc.\

Also go to my site and check out the investor links pages for a number of helpful links.

Good luck and if you hit it big don't forget me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House