Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,710,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebony cooley View Post
omg, a bird is trapped in my basement and i automatically remembered my mother saying that a bird in your home means death, im freaking out right now, please someone reassure me that this is nonsense.
Nonsense. I have had several birds get into homes I have lived in over the years (I like fresh air and will leave a window open, screen or not). Still haven't keeled over yet, nor has anybody I knew during the times it happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM

468 posts, read 753,501 times
We've had 2 birds in the house and in both cases, a close relative was dead within a week. First case: years ago (1979) some kind of bird came down our chimney and out the draft diverter of our furnace and several days later, my grandmother went into the hospital and died of cardiac arrest. Last year, at the dormitory house of the residential treatment center I work and spend considerable time at, there was a eastern phoebe that had made its nest on a light fixture of a nearby basement service door. We ignored her and generally kind thought it was neat that she was there. Well, one night I came out of that door to go to my car, only to realize that I forgot something inside, so I turned around and reentered thorough the door, and when I opened it, the bird flew into the basement, down a long hallway, followed a light up a stairwell, and started flying around the main lounge of the dorm. At the same time, I was overcome with the feeling that the bird bore its message for me, either my mom or an uncle was going to die. I told some coworkers about this as another coworker caught the bird with a couple of pots and released it outside unharmed. Nobody else felt anything or knew of the superstition. Upon a quick moment of meditation as the bird circled the living room-lounge, I became convinced that it was my uncle that the message was for, and 2 days later, my aunt called with the bad news. I have had pet birds, and let them fly around the house. I never had any feeling of a message in them and nobody died. I've seen birds in stores, again, no message. But when I accidentally let this bird in at the house I work at, I was simultaneously hit with a feeling in my head about death close to me, and mind you, at this crazy place I work at, my uncle and family are the last things normally on my mind, but there it was, suddenly, in my head. Other people have, of course, died in my family without any bird omens, but of the 2 wild birds in houses, in my presence, somebody close to me died both times within days afterward. Make of it what you will.

Last edited by beltrams; 03-20-2009 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 03-22-2009, 12:19 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,897,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebony cooley View Post
omg, a bird is trapped in my basement and i automatically remembered my mother saying that a bird in your home means death, im freaking out right now, please someone reassure me that this is nonsense.
I thiknk all that bad luck stuff is nonesense.

So if you don't get a bird in your house... you will live forever? EVERYONE is going to die. No matter if you dream of falling, get a bird in your house or cross a black cat's path. You are still going to die.

Sorry.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 10,805 times
A raven flew into my house today throught the vent in the fireplace, while my father and I were trying to catch him in a garbage pale he flew into the house, landed on the back of the couch, then got trapped in a bay window behind the blinds in the kitchen, after finally catching it in a net and setting it free out the backdoor, im quite worried that somebody in the house will die or become ill? just a dumb superstition or a funny story?

Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 PM

3 posts, read 32,382 times
Last night was the fourth time a bird flew into my house. I have never made the connection with a warning of death. If I lost someone the other 3 times I never made a connection to the birds. I will see what happens this time. I am not one of those people that believe in coincidences.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,663,878 times
This happened to a friend of mine this past christmas. It made itself at home in a thick garland around some windows...sadly, now that I think about it, her grandfather died at the beginning of January. Could be coincidence, he was a very very old man. It's just wierd.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:28 PM

Ok, this time I paid attention to the bird flying into the house (4th time) and in fact I am sorry to say that my friend's mother died about a week and a half later. Believe what you want................I will.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Please read my response.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,640,782 times
I never heard anything about a bird in the house meaning death! I have had many instances where a bird ended up in my house. In one house where we had a fireplace, we kept hearing something near the fireplace, but couldn't find anything - - - - then, one day my dd (about 3 at the time) was sitting by the fireplace and started screaming! I go in and she is screaming and pointing at the fireplace. I don't see anything, so I open the door and out flies this blackbird!! So, I am chasing him through the house and his head keeps skimming the ceiling, leaving soot marks everywhere..... Eventually I got him and took him outside!

I had one in the stovepipe at our current house. I heard little noises and noticed our dog and cat both staring at the woodstove. After I saw that nothing was in the woodstove itself, I went outside and opened up the exterior pipe cleanout and out flew a bird!

We are all still very much alive!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 PM

30,702 posts, read 79,364,238 times
Feed the bird. Many people pay good money for a pet brid int he house. I bought a cockatoo for $1200. Be glad that you can get a free bird in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House