Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 PM

7,487 posts, read 7,156,393 times

Advertisements

I have owned a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer for about a year now with no problems. Getting ready to move soon and the washer and dryer are staying, so looking to purchase a new set.

Debating on going with the same thing or is there any difference in the Maytag Bravos series?

Anyone own the following Maytag washers:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR

If so, any and all feedback would be appreciated on top loaders. Based on Consumer Reports, they appear to be rated the best.

Last edited by movin2Reston; 05-18-2010 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
I just bought a new washer/dryer pair a couple weeks ago. I looked at the Maytag line as well as LG and Kenmore, but ended up settling on Samsung. Just as an FYI Maytag is now made by Whirlpool and most of the Kenmore line is made by LG. From most of the things I have read, the LG and new Samsung lines are among the highest rated ones out there.

I went with Samsung as they have a good reputation for quality and durability and their VRT (vibration reduction technology) is something no one else offers and vibration was a concern for me based on where they are located in my house.

Personally I would pick whatever you are familiar with. They all seem to pretty much do the same thing with very little differences between them especially when you get into the clone brands that are all pretty much the same with minor feature differences.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:21 PM

Are you referring to a front loader LG and Samsung?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I just bought a new washer/dryer pair a couple weeks ago. I looked at the Maytag line as well as LG and Kenmore, but ended up settling on Samsung. Just as an FYI Maytag is now made by Whirlpool and most of the Kenmore line is made by LG. From most of the things I have read, the LG and new Samsung lines are among the highest rated ones out there.

I went with Samsung as they have a good reputation for quality and durability and their VRT (vibration reduction technology) is something no one else offers and vibration was a concern for me based on where they are located in my house.

Personally I would pick whatever you are familiar with. They all seem to pretty much do the same thing with very little differences between them especially when you get into the clone brands that are all pretty much the same with minor feature differences.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:49 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Yes, I was referring to the front loaders. Sorry if you are referring to top loaders. You said HE machine and I instantly thought front loaders. In that case, I think the Maytags are still the best you can get. We considered them, but were tight on space and wanted to gain a little more storage in the laundry room, so front loader stackables was the way to go.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:35 PM

Also interested in feedback on the Maytag White 4.7 cu. ft. Top-Load Super Capacity Plus Washing Machine (MVWB300W)

Old 05-25-2010, 08:09 AM

Interested in feedback in the following models....anyone own these that can provide some helpful comments:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR
MVWB300W

Old 05-25-2010, 09:50 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Interested in feedback in the following models....anyone own these that can provide some helpful comments:
Since you don't seem to be getting much feedback here...

I find that if I type the manufacturer and model # into google plus the word "reviews", I generally get good results. Epinion is helpful too.

Good luck.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:55 AM

Thanks for the suggestion; meanwhile hopefully someone will still chime in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Since you don't seem to be getting much feedback here...

I find that if I type the manufacturer and model # into google plus the word "reviews", I generally get good results. Epinion is helpful too.

Good luck.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion; meanwhile hopefully someone will still chime in here.
You're getting little to no feedback; I suggest Google or Consumer Reports. Best of luck.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:40 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
I have owned a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer for about a year now with no problems. Getting ready to move soon and the washer and dryer are staying, so looking to purchase a new set.

Debating on going with the same thing or is there any difference in the Maytag Bravos series?

Anyone own the following Maytag washers:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR

If so, any and all feedback would be appreciated on top loaders. Based on Consumer Reports, they appear to be rated the best.
Ironically, I was the one who suggested google, and I just bought a Maytag Bravo top-loader HE.

We went with the 450 because that was we could get "right now", as in "drive it home in the van and hook 'er up".

We had an old Whirlpool washer fail this weekend and planned to repair it. After a delay in parts, we found ourselves in NEED of a washer(some minor flooding) and had to act quickly.

I'll be doing ~500 million loads here (j/k) over the next few days and will post my impressions and results.

Other washers we considered included the Whirlpool Cabrio (TL), and some Samsung, Bosch and LG front loaders.

We went with the top-loader for several reasons: over 1/2 of the salespeople we spoke with-- granted, we only shopped at 3 stores--owned them (too many problems with the front-loaders??? or what? ).
The one salesperson who personally owned a front loader was also the person who suggested the GE Profile top loader.

The machine we chose had a slightly larger capacity than the front loaders (5.0 cu feet) and slightly shorter wash times for a HE machine.

We picked the Maytag based on CR ratings and on-line reviews, plus our final negotiated price.

Will let you know how it goes...

Last edited by plaidmom; 06-03-2010 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House