Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 AM

744 posts, read 811,437 times

Advertisements

I don;t drink tap water but want to remove flouride. chlorine and hardness in the water so that the water i bathe with is clean. Anyone do something like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 04:45 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
Water spfteners are readily available,but they do not remove chlorine or flouride. A simple activated carbon canister in your water line will remove a lot of the things that cause bad dor or taste. Rverse osmosis for your driking water will remove pretty much everything.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I don;t drink tap water but want to remove flouride. chlorine and hardness in the water so that the water i bathe with is clean. Anyone do something like this?
Whatever you do buy local. One softener manufacturer is stopping some sales because of complaints.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 AM

286 posts, read 1,481,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Whatever you do buy local. One softener manufacturer is stopping some sales because of complaints.
As you know from our discussions on other forums, there are three parts to that decision.

The company, Clack Corp does not want any contact from their contracted OEM (original equipment manufacturer) distributors' dealers' customers concerning anything and, they also do not want their control valves sold online but have allowed it to be sold online for the 10 years it has been produced. And the real reason for the decision is that they want to protect local dealers that mistakenly believe their business is failing due to online dealers and especially the local dealers of the companies that sell a proprietary version of the Clack WS-1 and the other models of their control valves.

There are no valid reasons for DIY type consumers to not buy the same quality of water treatment equipment online that they would buy from a local dealer.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
As you know from our discussions on other forums, there are three parts to that decision.

The company, Clack Corp does not want any contact from their contracted OEM (original equipment manufacturer) distributors' dealers' customers concerning anything and, they also do not want their control valves sold online but have allowed it to be sold online for the 10 years it has been produced. And the real reason for the decision is that they want to protect local dealers that mistakenly believe their business is failing due to online dealers and especially the local dealers of the companies that sell a proprietary version of the Clack WS-1 and the other models of their control valves.

There are no valid reasons for DIY type consumers to not buy the same quality of water treatment equipment online that they would buy from a local dealer.
Yep, online dealers have problems with things and some don't back up their product. Clack got sick of it.

In all fairness, let everyone read for themselves.

Clack Dumps Internet Dealers - Filters Fast - Water Filter Forums

Old 05-25-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yep, online dealers have problems with things and some don't back up their product. Clack got sick of it.

In all fairness, let everyone read for themselves.

Clack Dumps Internet Dealers - Filters Fast - Water Filter Forums
You previously said; "Whatever you do buy local. One softener manufacturer is stopping some sales because of complaints.".

Clack does not manufacture softeners.

They are attempting to stop the sale of their control valves online, one component of a softener, and requiring all dealers, including local dealers, from using their name and model numbers although they are not copy written, service or trade marked. I don't give the don't use the name effort much hope of success. The control valve is what it is, a Clack WS-x.

Complaints... Clack does not want to hear from consumers and somehow they mistakenly believe the end user/homeowner is their customer.

Their only customer is their contracted OEM/distributor.

They, Clack, have no dealers.

Only OEMs/distributors have dealers whether online or local; some also sell as an online dealer to the end user/homeowner. The end user/homeowner is the dealers' customer, they are not Clack's customers. Clack does not want to have to create a consumer service department and that is why they do not want to hear from consumers.

And somehow they mistakenly think their name is tarnished if someone has a problem with the operation of the their softener or filter... or the dealer.

In all fairness, there are more complaints against local dealers than online dealers but the internet is national/international, complaints about a local dealer stay local and are heard by many fewer people.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM

I think folks can read for themselves.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM

101 posts, read 545,835 times
Quote:
They are attempting to stop the sale of their control valves online, one component of a softener, and requiring all dealers, including local dealers, from using their name and model numbers although they are not copy written, service or trade marked. I don't give the don't use the name effort much hope of success.
Clack Corporation (http://www.clackcorp.com/water.htm - broken link)
I think the little TM next to the name indicates Trade Mark.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Yeah that's their logo, no one uses their logo and it isn't on their valves, just like Autotrol, Fleck, Erie etc..

Old 05-27-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's their logo, no one uses their logo and it isn't on their valves, just like Autotrol, Fleck, Erie etc..
Clack uses it, it IS theirs.

Clack Corporation (http://www.clackcorp.com/water.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House