Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 10:37 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,712,103 times

Advertisements

Last year about this time I purchased a new Kenmore model #57362. I noticed moisture on the left side (not front but the actual side) where the freezer is.

Came to this forum and was advised it was lack of air circulation (my best guess after reading the posts).

This refrigerator goes into a cabinet space that allows 1/2" or more on both sides. There are NO cabinets above the refrigerator (yet).

Today I moved it out to sweep and saw black mold on the wall....right where the cold spot is on the freezer wall.

Again, this isn't inside, on the door, in back, underneath, on top...but on the side. And there is a cold spot where the moisture is and it's not cold when you move your hand up a ways or down.

Is this from lack of circulation or do I have a repair/replacement needed? I do have a year warranty then the extended warranty.

Last edited by VegasGrace; 06-05-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 AM

Just checked-

the manual says to leave 1/2" on all sides....which I have.

I just looked closer and the cold spot on the freezer side- has warped my paneling! It's actually bulged out towards the cold spot- almost touching it.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:28 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
I would relocate the fridge out of it's space for a couple of days to see what difference there is in the mold aspect. Mold is a moisture end result.

The fridge is insulated and the freezer side has the frost free function. Apparently there may be a moisture leakage and the mold is a result. Uneducated guess on my part...I'm leaning towards a warranty replacement.

Steve

Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 AM

Thanks Steve. I've not had the best of luck with the Kenmore service. When I had an issue and called- they guy said, "that is normal". And so I called back a few says later to get another service call, and thank goodness they sent someone else...who said "it's not normal"...and he ordered a part and came back to fix it. Issue resolved.

So if that lazy guy comes, he's gonna say something like it's normal....that I had it too close to the wall or somehow it's my fault. I hate that! I read the installation instructions and followed it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House