Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state do you like more?
Texas 17 47.22%
California 19 52.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:09 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times

Advertisements

People are making blanket generalizations about x-Californians because of the comments of a few unhappy new Houston residents. We don't all fall under the whining, miserable transplant category. Do we miss things about California? Of course. I'm sure many Texans who move out of Texas would miss plenty about their home state. I, for one, was miserable the first time I left Texas almost 20 yrs ago.

But many of us new Texans are actually making efforts to discover the beauty of Houston - our new home. Please don't discount that.

These threads are just getting old & repetitive. Same ol' sh*t. As has been said many times - do a SEARCH. You will find countless threads & old debates about this very subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
There are TONS of great places to visit here.

If you can't find anywhere to go in 269,000 square miles of space somethings seriously wrong with you. Retired Northerners flock here to our coasts every winter like clock work.
Maybe he speaks about landscapes, California is famous for its wonderful landscape

Old 06-22-2010, 03:20 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasboy123 View Post
Which state do you like better? I live in Texas and I have been to California. I love Texas! California was nice but it has nothing on Texas imo So which one do you like!!??
I have lived in CA for 15 years and Texas for 7 years so far. There are Pros and Cons.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:22 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
If I was rich, I would live in California and it would be a no-brainer decision.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
ok, after weeks of this I'm getting a little fed up. It's been the invasion on the miserable people.

Cali people. If you hate Texas so much, don't come. If you're here and can afford to go home, do it. If you're here and can't afford to go home...Shud'up and be happy for once. I mean you have the McMansion for 250k, it's not my fault it's in the middle of no where.

Thank You.

PS-I know my sentiments are a little misplaced in this thread, but I've read entirely too much wanking about California lately in here.
Step away from the computer and put the key board down....I'll send you a PM with info for Message Forum Withdraw Shelters

Life goes on!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,502 times
I lived in Orange County for five years and Texas for four years. There are pros and cons to both. But overall, I have been happier in TX. It seems like the people in TX are so much friendlier and not trying to be so "showy". If we were only talking about the weather, CA kicks butt.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
Texas: AWESOME people, sports (college & national), food, economy, rich history. BAD weather.
California: Beautiful weather & scenery. People are fruits & nuts LOL. Broke.

Um, Texas. Duh.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:57 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Default Both are Awsome!

Either place you choose is a major life changing event. I have lived in Houston for 43 years and loved every minute of it! I have lived in Northern California since Jan and have loved every minute of it! I don't find the people here to be showy or fruits and nuts. There are very intelligent people here as there are in Texas. I can't speak for LA, OC or Southern California in general...but Northern California is show stopping beautiful and as diverse as it gets! People are just as friendly as Texans and very down to earth. I think it is because we are surrounded by so much beautiful challenging nature. People here are hiking, biking, sailing, mountain climbing, peacefully combing the ocean side, motorcycling, horseback riding on a daily basis. I am not rich but I am not broke either and I live better here then I did in Texas.

Depends on what is important to you as far as which place is better suited for you. Both places are great and both have their faults but each is sooooooo different from the other on many levels. Silly to try and battle over which one is better then the other. It depends on what you want, like and can afford as far as your preference and lifestyle goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston