Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:07 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times

Advertisements

Nice pictures!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM

316 posts, read 784,245 times
Quote:
cheryjohns -It says they are conservative, not Bible-thumpers. It doesn't mention religion at all. I am as socially liberal as they get - but I am conservative fiscally - and certainly not a Bible-thumper.

Quote:
cheryjohns -Here is what bothers me about OmShai's infomation. There are almost 100K children of mixed race heritage here in Houston. They have parents - which means there may be almost 300K people that are either biracial or involved in an interracial relationship here. How am I going to get anything done? I have a lot of eyebrow raising and awkward glancing to do. I am so behind

Oh really - How does it bother you? A SAHGM going after potential Houston relo's on City Data- And that bothers you? - Maybe you should take a weekend off your computer and call one of your many mixed raced & minority friends you have in Houston, and offer to take care/babysit one of their young children for the weekend - I would love to hear your commentary after you spent the day at the Woodlands Mall pushing around an Indian-Japanese or AA child in a stroller, taking them into your office and for a swim at your community pool - you think nobody would give it a second look? - so maybe you can experience it firsthand before you waste anymore time on statistics poached off multiple web sites -

Regarding your section 8 err..prop 8 blunder, do you know what your talking about - Or is it Huffington Post - L.A. Times skewed?? - I lived in Orange County - One of the most Conservative, maybe the most Conservative county in CA - (this would be on the same level as Travis County) Where like you most of us are fiscally conservative socially progressive blah blah blah- next to Marin and Santa Clara Counties - the O.C. has the highest HH income of anywhere in CA - Most of the locals who live in Newport - Irvine - Laguna Niguel, Etc didn't wanted Obama because they make over 250k and didn't want to get hammered in Taxes, the majority of the county is still pretty white as well with a big Mormon population who was the catalyst behind the whole Prop 8 ballot --- I would suggest aside from my recommendation above you book your next vacation to San Diego and Orange County - spend a week there and then let me know why the place is light years ahead of TX!!

http://sg.wsj.net/public/resources/i...0327215610.gif

U.S. divorce rates: for various faith groups, age groups and geographical areas

http://ourtimes.files.wordpress.com/...ng?w=519&h=458

Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
ok dude you did a good job - now you can punch out and go home and take the rest of the summer off - I buy you a beer for your efforts but your not 21 yet and you live in the bible thumping part of Houston - !
So you live in Clear Lake, and all of a sudden your going to tell me what "living in the bible thumping part of Houston" feels like (you know because you live in Fort Bend County and all you must be a pro). I'm Hindu, I haven't had any problems, no ones offered me a bible- no one's preached me yet.
I'm fine with that.
So yes according to your description of where I live "the bible thumping part of Houston" I'll have a great time- friends, family, and the everything else.

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to Force Feed Houston down peoples throats??
!
Really? You thought I was forcing it down people's throats right now? Have you not seen me responding to those people who are looking to relocate here and in their threads? That's when I'm even at the slightest "forcing it down people's throats" if you even want to call it that.
I don't even remember saying in this thread "I think you people should live in Houston because...." because I sure don't remember saying that.
You can't even use the proper term structure to describe what I was doing.

Quote:
Why do I want to see pictures of a knock off Washington Monument? or a park no ones ever heard of?
1. It's taller than the Washington Monument.
2. If you knew any better- you would know monuments honoring those whom have given their lives look like that by default (this one honors those that gave their lives during the Texas Revolution), they're not knock offs. There are other states that have these so called "knock offs" too.
3. Well yeah of course I don't expect anyone to know of Discovery Park! It just recently opened up a few years ago!! Duhhhh...

Quote:
This place just got a foot of rain dumped on it and there is more mosquito's right now in Houston than the Florida Everglades - It was 97 yesterday with 83% humidity
You sure you don't live somewhere off the Nile River valley? Well whatever.

Quote:
I mean when your favorite city is Tuscon - It's no wonder you have so much love for this place -
Oh okay so now you go from Houston bashing to Tucson bashing too huh?
Did you even ask me before you started knocking the place down why I like it?

Just because other people like different things than you doesn't mean that they're wrong.

I like Tucson because:
- It not as big
- It's in a good location in the valleys
- It feels more isolated and a place where I can live more at peace without the constant bother and annoyance of a huge city.

I also like how you didn't mention my other two favorite cities San Diego & Seattle. Also weird how you automatically assumed between the three that Tucson is my favorite because I listed it first... I listed it first because it's the smaller of the three by metropolitan area...

Quote:
Let's be honest it's a second tier city with lousy weather, crappy sports teams, mostly fat conservative people outside the loop, a weak public transportation system, high crime, minor league entertainment and many of it's residents who haven't left the state - That's why Californian's -------- ---------!!
1. Well I've already statistically shown you the other cities that are on the same tier as Houston, and I can tell you- the only three cities in this country that will keep you from going berserk are New York City, Los Angeles, & Chicago, because they're ranked on a higher tier than Houston. Great great I think I've pointed you out to where you should possibly relocate now and spare all these people on this board your constant Houston hating fits.
2. I have to ask again, do you live off the Nile River Valley or something? Or in the 5th ward?

Quote:
ok dude you did a good job - now you can punch out and go home and take the rest of the summer off - I buy you a beer for your efforts but your not 21 yet.
Well before I "punch out and go home" (by the way- I'm already at home here in the Windy City- here let me show you a picture of "home" for me)I want to show you what it looks like right outside of my window right now- and I want to show you what i'll be exploring and caught up with to respond to you from here on out:

I'm going to go out and enjoy this my next few days and make the best of my time here at home up here, before I have to leave-
http://kimfrye.files.wordpress.com/2...e_michigan.jpg
^^^ Check into moving here, maybe then you won't be complaining as much.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread- done responding, and I already know G.I Joe Steve will be coming in when he wakes up and refuting a lot of what I have to say "predictable", and then saying "don't be fooled people- Houston is some third world city, 50 years behind the rest of America, don't be fooled by the pictures advertising it, those statistics come from unreliable sources, anyone can write them, those articles are known for stretching the truth..." dear goshhh Steve save it for the 2012 movies or something.... you sound insane with your preach against Houston...

Anyways I'm out- bye everyone one- lots of things to do here before leaving. So take care Alphajet, hope you're looking into moving- you sound miserable... I am done responding to SteveArmy & Alphajet, it's a waste of time, obviously Houston has a lot of flaws but it's got plenty of good things to keep it as a nice place to live, work, and have fun. I'm out- don't care if they respond anymore or not, it's just so much of a waste to debate these guys and waste of time, I realize that now, they're not going to quit with their hating.

Last edited by DANNYY; 07-05-2010 at 12:48 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Well before I "punch out and go home" (by the way- I'm already at home here in the Windy City- here let me show you a picture of "home" for me)I want to show you what it looks like right outside of my window right now- and I want to show you what i'll be exploring and caught up with to respond to you from here on out: -

Can someone please tell me why Californians hate Texas, Houston?

Thank God - Enjoy you Uncle's Condo for the Summer - Go Sox!!!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
Quote:

Thank God - Enjoy you Uncle's Condo for the Summer - Go Sox!!!
Lol, I know I wasn't going to respond but I edited that post to fix a sentence with bad grammar, then saw your new post.

Haha well they're the winning team, but not the most loved team here.
Lol, uncles condo? It's a loft- and my parents let me stay in their loft as long as I support the right team for Chicago!

That's the right team.

Last edited by DANNYY; 07-05-2010 at 12:42 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 12:28 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
Lord! I thought those Chicago pictures were of Houston!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:57 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
alphajet, if you don't want Houston shoved down your throat then get the **** out and get off the Houston forum. Otherwise, open wide and breathe through your nose.

You are actually managing to come off here as a bigger douchebag than WizzySteve, which isn't easy to do.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:33 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I'm out- don't care if they respond anymore or not, it's just so much of a waste to debate these guys and waste of time, I realize that now, they're not going to quit with their hating.
Hopefully they'll just get a job transfer and move on. Considering the history, I'm sure they'll complain about the next place as well anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
alphajet, if you don't want Houston shoved down your throat then get the **** out and get off the Houston forum. Otherwise, open wide and breathe through your nose.

You are actually managing to come off here as a bigger douchebag than WizzySteve, which isn't easy to do.
Well said.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:38 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I never said Houston is on the same tier as America's 3 largest cities, which is why I will now commence with my post and show you exactly how important Houston is with FACTS.
Oh no, you might confuse them! Wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of their self-inflicted misery...

Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Why do Californian's Hate Texas?

And The Whole "Texas Textbook Massacre".... talk about censorship, Conservative Resurgence..... Really?

I'm of the opinion that running the state school system like a Bible Camp is a unmitigated bad thing - See also establishment clause -

Texas conservatives rewrite history - Worldnews.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston