Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:16 PM

4 posts, read 13,636 times

Advertisements

Thank you very much. I will definitely check out Eagle Springs. I would really appreciate that Realtor's name and contact info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 09:24 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestoria View Post
Thank you very much. I will definitely check out Eagle Springs. I would really appreciate that Realtor's name and contact info.
Txgal recommended the same realtor for me, and she's awesome. Knows the area, is honest with you, and will work her butt off for you. She sold my home last summer in 3 weeks. I have since recommended her to another friend of mine, and they sold their house the beginning of this year in a month, and bought a short sale with her as well.

BTW - I also live in Eagle Springs and LOVE it. Looked at Summerwood, and I too liked it. Loved the lakes, neighborhoods, etc. It just didn't feel like "home" like when I drove through Eagle Springs. You just have to look around for yourself to see where you feel right.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,463 times
I also checked out Summerwood before ending up in eagle springs. Truth be told, I liked the floorplans of the homes I saw in Summerwood more -- but after we looked at Eagle Springs, my wife wouldn't even consider another community.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,263,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
I also checked out Summerwood before ending up in eagle springs. Truth be told, I liked the floorplans of the homes I saw in Summerwood more -- but after we looked at Eagle Springs, my wife wouldn't even consider another community.
My hubby thought the same thing. One plan we really wanted was in SW and if we wanted the same plan here in ES we were paying more and waiting which was not an option. Ended up though that we just gave up that plan to come back to Eagle Springs. After living here for 5 years previously there just really was no other option.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 PM

13 posts, read 46,562 times
In my opinion, it is GREAT to be close to the Beltway. We live in Fall Creek and love how close of a drive it is into downtown Houston. It is also an easy drive to Spring, Cypress, the Woodlands, the zoo, Children's Museum, etc. since we are so close to the Beltway. Once the Beltway is completed, which looks to be soon, it will cut off a lot of time to get to places. I can't imagine living anywhere else in the area. There probably aren't many listings in your price range, but it would be a great investment. I have heard that the home values will increase within the next couple of years due to the completion of the Beltway toll.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
One thing to beware of in Summerwood is the gas wells that have been popping up in/adjacent to the neighborhood. You can google some of the news articles on this. The Texas RR Commission said iits all above board but neighbors have been complaining about noise, odor, and traffic nuisances according to the articles.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:00 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,263,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
One thing to beware of in Summerwood is the gas wells that have been popping up in/adjacent to the neighborhood. You can google some of the news articles on this. The Texas RR Commission said iits all above board but neighbors have been complaining about noise, odor, and traffic nuisances according to the articles.
We looked at a house that had that near by. It was the only reason we could figure the house was still sitting there. Every hood has its issues. It is all in what ya want to deal with and your personal experience. What one complains abt another does not even notice ex. plane noise.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
If you look at Summerwood's community map, it has these drill sites marked where they will be. There is currently a drill in one of them already.

Community Map | Summerwood | Houston, Texas

There's one located in the North part, SE part (has the drill there already), and SW part.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:42 AM

135 posts, read 566,461 times
And in reality most people don't experience the "issues" that one person may be having. I live in SW and to this date I have not seen one thing related to gas drilling in my area. Probably also helps that I bought a house in the more established part of SW so there's no surprises when it comes to what is going up around me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston