Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,088,375 times

Advertisements

Can anyone confirm if what I heard recently is true? That Aliana's HOA is ~$900 and then their club fee is another $900?

What does that club fee entail? Do you have to pay an extra $900 on top of the HOA in order to use the pools, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,773,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Can anyone confirm if what I heard recently is true? That Aliana's HOA is ~$900 and then their club fee is another $900?

What does that club fee entail? Do you have to pay an extra $900 on top of the HOA in order to use the pools, etc?
That sounds weird.
Maybe is the other $900 for the Houstonian Golf Club & Spa or something?

I don't live in Aliana but drive by it sometimes and think it looks like it has a lot of potential. I hear from Sugar Land insiders that it probably has a better chance of attracting major retail and office later than spots in nearby Sugar Land. It's a little closer to town than Cinco, Greatwood, Pecan Grove, Cypress, Kingwood and many other popular places, but also far enough out from the southwest side that it is sheltered from some of that mess further in. The developer seems well-funded. It needs its own elementary school, which it's supposed to be getting in a year or two. Austin and Travis are good high schools. Sugar Land is now planning the minor league baseball stadium at Hwy 6 & US 90, instead of further south by the UH campus. I think what I like the most is that the developer planned it so that most homes are facing north/south for energy efficiency, and a huge number of trees planted. We have a west-facing home... the morning and afternoon sun are killer through all of these windows.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 PM

467 posts, read 1,178,953 times
No, it's just $900 for the HOA. There's no club fees, unless you want to rent a party room. Hope this helps.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,088,375 times
Thanks for the clarification. My cousin gave me the info as they were interested in the area but a little concerned about the slow-down in building (although they said that the club is gorgeous!) as well as put off by the high fees. So, I don't know who would have told them that in Aliana.

I was just curious as my brother is looking at area & another friend's sister is looking to relocate.

Thanks again!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:54 PM

You're welcome. Yes, the club house is awesome. The pools are even better!! The kids love them.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM

8 posts, read 41,274 times
We just moved to ALiana its a great place, and the taxes are reasonable, so far, We are into Horses and keep our horses at Stetson Stables right across the street, I hope the Polo Field moves forward, In these slower times and poor economy, the area is still making progress.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 8,570 times
I am thinking about having my wedding there..since I dont know any resident can anyone help me get the clubhouse. I will pay.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal27077 View Post
I am thinking about having my wedding there..since I dont know any resident can anyone help me get the clubhouse. I will pay.
Have you tried to call the club house and see if they will rent it out to you?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:22 AM

14 posts, read 39,506 times
My family just moved to Aliana a few months ago...and we love it. It looks like things are picking up...there's home constructions everywhere. We only saw a few in our first couple of months...maybe the weather has something to do with it too. It is definitely only $900 a year, but I did hear a rumor that when the Polo and Racket Club opens that it will be an additional "member" charge.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,773,562 times
An HOA contact or a realtor should have access to and be able to provide information on the dues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston