Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 AM

11 posts, read 39,854 times

Advertisements

We are searching for a daycare for my one year old, and stumbled across My Place Early Learning Center in Katy. It is not a franchise daycare. I searched for other reviews and found only a little feedback. Does anyone have experience with this center?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 8,371 times
I have both my children enrolled since they opened - Staff and owners are very caring, they have extended hours and are open till 7pm M-F.

Also the biggest thing, I have never known any daycare to offer what MYPlace offers for the babies - all diapers formula, wipes and food is included in the tuition.

Dont go to a Franchise...go to MYPlace where they care

Old 07-20-2010, 07:15 AM

12 posts, read 43,536 times
My wife works at A Child's Reflection, they are on Fry road just south of Kingsland, check them out.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,994 times
We moved from AZ to TX and wanted a small, clean, daycare for our children. My place is clean, the staff are caring, and the place is intimate. Plus you get diapers and formula included for babies up to 1 year.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM

967 posts, read 2,610,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen30 View Post
I have both my children enrolled since they opened - Staff and owners are very caring, they have extended hours and are open till 7pm M-F.

Also the biggest thing, I have never known any daycare to offer what MYPlace offers for the babies - all diapers formula, wipes and food is included in the tuition.

Dont go to a Franchise...go to MYPlace where they care
Quote:
Originally Posted by z03743 View Post
We moved from AZ to TX and wanted a small, clean, daycare for our children. My place is clean, the staff are caring, and the place is intimate. Plus you get diapers and formula included for babies up to 1 year.
Just saying... but I'd be wary of "identical" reviews by one post wonders who start a c/d account and virtually say the same thing. I'm skeptical... and don't know if I would trust a daycare that I'm already skepical by the "testimonials"

Wow really? Free diapers and formula and wipes for babies??? And the OP didn't ask about babies. And vague "staff is caring." A real review would be my 2yo loves Ms X, this is what we like about this school, this is what we dislike about this school. etc...

Business folks who have a quality product/service don't need to pretend "testimonials" of forums IFYKWIM.

"My Place" may be a great place... please do your own unbiased research. I just hope the director has more important things to do than pad a message board with "glowing reviews."

Old 08-19-2010, 01:57 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by descovy View Post
Just saying... but I'd be wary of "identical" reviews by one post wonders who start a c/d account and virtually say the same thing. I'm skeptical... and don't know if I would trust a daycare that I'm already skepical by the "testimonials"

Wow really? Free diapers and formula and wipes for babies??? And the OP didn't ask about babies. And vague "staff is caring." A real review would be my 2yo loves Ms X, this is what we like about this school, this is what we dislike about this school. etc...

Business folks who have a quality product/service don't need to pretend "testimonials" of forums IFYKWIM.

"My Place" may be a great place... please do your own unbiased research. I just hope the director has more important things to do than pad a message board with "glowing reviews."
Good on you. Company "pumpers" or "shills" abound here. Caveat Emptor.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:27 PM

11 posts, read 39,854 times
As a follow up to my earlier thread, we are so happy with My Place. Our experiences with my daughter's teachers have been wonderful and Vivian Hernandez (the facility director) is courteous and helpful. For our family, My Place was a perfect fit and I would highly recommend this facility to other parents.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,832 times
We have been at My Place for about 6 months. I have a "schooler" and a 2 year old. The place is spotlessly clean and everyone is caring and attentive. The preschool teacher Ms. Alex is a wonderful teacher. It was actually she who impressed me the most during my visit. Anyone who can get a room full of 4 year olds to sit down calmly with books within 5 mins with a single polite sentence is OUTSTANDING in my book. Ms Vivian ( owner / director) is there everyday.

One thing that always disturbed me is the cleanliness of the care facility and odors associated with babies and toddlers. Every other care facility we have been at quite frankly smelled at the end of the day. Not so here.....

Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 PM

340 posts, read 802,827 times
This thread reads like political ads on tv, back and forth, pro/against... sorry nothing to offer on the actual place, we use Childrens Lighthouse.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:13 AM

302 posts, read 955,227 times
Crickets? I have been going to My place daily for the past year and have never seen a cricket inside (We have 3 girls there, so we have to check 3 separate rooms)

I can't believe you would say something bad about Ms Tiffany, she has been a great teacher to our girls.

As with any daycare, there are good things and there are bad things, and whenever there's bad, we reach out to Ms Vivian who has always been there to help ease our concerns and fix whatever the problem was...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston