Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 PM

7 posts, read 25,070 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My budget is 160K and I am trying to move out of the Alief School District, but I do not want to move all the way in Katy or Sugarland for a good public school. My alternative to public schooling is 1st: John Paul II School pre-k to 8th or 2nd: St. Frances De Sales Catholic School pre-k to 8th.

I prefer West Houston near the Energy Corridor and the Barbara Bush Elementary. I am very interested in the Briar Park and Briar Village subdivisions. They are really nice homes but it seemed like they had quite a lot of homes for sale?

Does anyone live in this subdivision or area? Can you you give me your perspective and outlook?

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Currently there is only one on the market not under contract in Briar Park - and 12 in Briar Village. That's not really all that many. What site are you looking on? Some of those sites are seriously out of date and don't show the Solds. Both are fine and should do well in the next few years. Close enough to the Energy Corridor but far less expensive.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Yeah its just seemed that way, and I don't really have much experience or data to compare that to. I am currently using Houston Real Estate - Houston Homes, Houston Home Value and Houston Relocation. I don't have an agent, yet, and am just in the preliminary stages of home shopping. I would like to buy anytime between now and next summer. No rush for me. My son won't start pre-k til 2012. I would like to stay in the same area and raise the kids for the next 10-20 years.

Yeah you are right on with my thought process : close to energy corridor but far less cheaper.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlg19 View Post
Yeah its just seemed that way, and I don't really have much experience or data to compare that to. I am currently using Houston Real Estate - Houston Homes, Houston Home Value and Houston Relocation. I don't have an agent, yet, and am just in the preliminary stages of home shopping. I would like to buy anytime between now and next summer. No rush for me. My son won't start pre-k til 2012. I would like to stay in the same area and raise the kids for the next 10-20 years.

Yeah you are right on with my thought process : close to energy corridor but far less cheaper.
Use www.har.com - it's the consumer site that gets the info directly from the MLS system and updates every night. It's 24 hours out of date - compared to months for some of the other sites.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Another little secret in Houston - Providence subdivision - just across Highway 6 about Beechnut. Fort Bend school district. You will be very pleased at what you will get for $160K. To go to work - cross Hwy 6 and go west to Eldridge. Turn north and shoot to work.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Thanks I will visit the website, and I appreciate your help.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 PM

I will take a look into that, but I am looking to spend more $ on school, area, and safety vs. actual home. I would probably purchase a cheaper home with comparable features. I am looking for just a traditional 3-4br/2bath with nice yard.

I originally wanted to move closer to I-10 between highway 6 and beltway in the 31-West area. Maybe even Spring Branch.

I live on Eldridge and Bellaire right now, and I i love west park tollway.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 PM

205 posts, read 246,954 times
There are a few houses for sale in Ashford Lakes, a very nice neighborhood by Dairy Ashford/Briar Forest.
If I was looking to buy into the American Ream again, that's the part of Houston where I would want to live.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidian View Post
There are a few houses for sale in Ashford Lakes, a very nice neighborhood by Dairy Ashford/Briar Forest.
If I was looking to buy into the American Ream again, that's the part of Houston where I would want to live.
I like it, too, but it starts at $250K, not $160K.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,643 times
I live on lock ln. And I have my childern attending Barbara bush elementry school. I have heard from next year Hisd will reduce the zone for that school, so briar park and briar village will not be included.
I called the school and told me there is a representative with name of Halery Roy is talking on behave of us to school, I need to know if any one has any info. about it or has her phone number I am very concern about it and we should do whatever it takes to keep Barbara bush school in our zone. Please let me know. Thank you. Mahram
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston