Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 07:39 AM

7 posts, read 13,797 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are potentially moving to Houston in the very near term. We have heard a lot about Katy ISD and have young kids in elementary so are looking at Cinco Ranch/Kelliwood/Grand Lakes neighborhoods.

Have read a lot of positives about Cinco ranch in the forums here, however wanted to get your take on pros and cons of Kelliwood and Grand Lakes too.

How are these subdivisions when it comes to holding value of the house? Are they more prone to re-zoning of schools? Do they have good amenities and high count of children?

My husband and I may have a long commute so we would like to be closer to 99 or Westpark tollway to get to Sam Houston Parway and it appears that Grand Lakes and Kelliwood might save us a few mins.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 AM

430 posts, read 1,256,371 times
All three are very nice family communities. Cinco Ranch is the largest (by far) and is very spread out, but probably has the most amenities. You might also want to check out Seven Meadows, which has easy access to the Westpark Tollway. Personally, I would decide on what schools you want your children to attend and then concentrate on homes within that zone. All three high schools in Katy south of I-10 are very good -- Seven Lakes HS, Cinco Ranch HS, and Taylor HS. Elementary schools are not as consistent so you'll want to check out specific schools before buying. Of course, re-zoning is always a possibility, especially in a fast growing area like Katy. As for which homes hold their value best, hopefully one of the realtors on this forum will chime in with an answer.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
All three hold the value. I like Grand Lakes better than Kelliwood strictly because of the floorplans are the more open type. (Kelliwood is older). Cinco is spread out and the feeling is different from place to place - it depends on personal preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston