Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:45 PM

344 posts, read 1,187,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdouglas View Post
Try Galvan's in Richmond and repost your opinion.
It's been on my list for a while since a friend who lives nearby spoke well of it. This thread reminded me of it, and I may try it out this weekend or later in the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 10:17 AM

739 posts, read 2,135,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLizardo View Post
It's been on my list for a while since a friend who lives nearby spoke well of it. This thread reminded me of it, and I may try it out this weekend or later in the week.
Remember, Galvan's is not open o n Sundays.

My son had a pool party on yesterday evening. A couple of parents stayed and I entertained. Boy, how I wished I had a few links of Galvan's sausage and boudin for entertainment purpose. I will go next week and freeze some for future use.

My son and a couple of his teammates planned the party. The only food they had was chips and pizza. Boys.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,826,111 times
My husband is a big BBQ fan and he recommends Smokin' Mike's on Highway 6 in Sugar Land.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 AM

739 posts, read 2,135,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLizardo View Post
So DrLizardo, did you try Galvan's?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
Default Manvel Inlaws & Outlaws BBQ

Finally made it there today with an out-of-town guest who knows her bbq as well as I do thanks to our boss who has taken us to the best in towns known for their bbq.

I've been pretty disappointed in what I've tried so far: Rudy's, Spring Creek, Dickey's, Thomas and Brookstreet.

Until another comes along, our go-to-bbq place is going to be:

Manvel Inlaws & Outlaws BBQ
20321 Highway 6, Manvel, TX 77578

We didn't get there until almost 2pm today and they were already out of sliced & chopped beef due to a more than usually brisk lunch crowd. I did try their rib plate with potato salad & green beans - pretty darn good!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 AM

587 posts, read 1,134,910 times
being honest...you're not going to find any good bbq out in sugarland...the chain places, Spring Creek, Dickeys, Pappas, Goode Co, and Thomas will serve a nitch for a minute, but to be honest, you will have to go to a place like Piersons or Thelma's...Triple J's on Homestead(northeast Houston), or to the spot where the locals in the area get their barbeque from....

a chain place that I think is actually pretty good is Skeeters in Pearland

I have heard about Galvans, but never been out there....I will have to head out there and bring back a report and let all know...

Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM

279 posts, read 724,674 times
I had Schultze's BBQ in Rosenberg a few weeks back and thought it was pretty good.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Finally made it there today with an out-of-town guest who knows her bbq as well as I do thanks to our boss who has taken us to the best in towns known for their bbq.

I've been pretty disappointed in what I've tried so far: Rudy's, Spring Creek, Dickey's, Thomas and Brookstreet.

Until another comes along, our go-to-bbq place is going to be:

Manvel Inlaws & Outlaws BBQ
20321 Highway 6, Manvel, TX 77578

We didn't get there until almost 2pm today and they were already out of sliced & chopped beef due to a more than usually brisk lunch crowd. I did try their rib plate with potato salad & green beans - pretty darn good!
The problem with BBQ places in the Houston area is they all have a weakness. Their brisket might be great, but their sausage is bad, for example. I've yet to find a really good place that's worth the price in the area. The problem may be I have a very close friend I visit once a year in Kansas City, so I'm biased towards something different.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:03 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The problem with BBQ places in the Houston area is they all have a weakness. Their brisket might be great, but their sausage is bad, for example. I've yet to find a really good place that's worth the price in the area. The problem may be I have a very close friend I visit once a year in Kansas City, so I'm biased towards something different.
I kwym. I'm spoiled from bbq in KC, Williamsburg (Guy & Mae's), east Texas - mostly G & M, though. We would actually go miles out of our way on business trips just to go there.

For what it's worth, my husband didn't really care for the sausage but my friend said the chopped smoked turkey was very good. Overall, the place in Manvel is still much better than any of the chain places around town in my personal opinion.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:04 AM

488 posts, read 1,383,402 times
Central Texas BBQ in Pearland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston