Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,282,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Mexico's drug cartel problem is caused by the US. Legalize marijuana and a vast majority of the problem will go away, since marijuana is the main product being smuggled. Once it is legalized it can start flowing through channels that don't require violence in order to have them transported.
And what about human trafficing? Once that is legalized then they won't require violence to sneak them in. What about child prostitution? Once that's legalized they won't have to beat them in to submission and keep them drugged up as sex slaves. Gee, I guess the answer to every criminal activity is just to legalize it, right? Why have laws at all since someone, somewhere is going to break them.

1 Enforce border security
2 Harsh prison sentences for anyone hiring illegals
3 Deportation, not to their home country (revolving door policy) but to a distant Pacific island bought specifically for that purpose)

Old 08-16-2010, 09:33 AM

739 posts, read 2,125,491 times
MY heart goes out to the family. The loss of such a young life is a waste. I have a 13 year-old daughter and a 16-year-old son. The thing that bothers me so much is why was this 14-year old out at 12mn, 1am or 2am in the morning. I'm 47 and will not walk the streets of Houston at 2am. I'm not here to blame the parents but we need to take control of our children.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,217,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
And what about human trafficing? Once that is legalized then they won't require violence to sneak them in. What about child prostitution? Once that's legalized they won't have to beat them in to submission and keep them drugged up as sex slaves. Gee, I guess the answer to every criminal activity is just to legalize it, right? Why have laws at all since someone, somewhere is going to break them.
For the most part I agree with this. After all we are talking about a RECREATIONAL drug. The gov't did not outlaw blood pressure medicine (I'd be in trouble) or insulin. Here's a novel idea - how about refraining from using illegal drugs since they aren't necessary for life, and they are directly linked to pointless slayings of innocent (and not-so-innocent) people. If people stop using drugs - there is no more demand for them, and drug dealers have no reason to exist (yeah I know what are the chances of that). I don't doubt that there are a few people who could use drugs responsibly, but they are definitely in the minority. Most of the folks clamoring for this are just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers that see an opportunity. I thought they legalized trace amounts of drugs in Mexico already, and from the looks of things the problem is still there.

Last edited by DanielWayne; 08-16-2010 at 10:42 AM..

Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 PM

295 posts, read 1,165,340 times
i saw it in the news and i was surprised one of the killers was deported twice already..

i was like wow.. is it that easy to cross the border..

Old 08-16-2010, 01:01 PM

739 posts, read 2,253,435 times
The killer should get death but they will say that it is racist. I am equal oppurnity I don't care what race someone is if they do capital murder they need death.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:06 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,600,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
I sent an email to Jessie Jackson I hope he gets on TV and rants and raves about it

Was the girl killed black?? If she wasn't, I highly doubt that Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton will give this any thought.

Whatever race the girl was, this just saddens me to no end. You can blame your city officials who made Houston a "Sanctuary City", that allows [mod edit -rude] come here with no problems.

Last edited by Oildog; 08-16-2010 at 01:22 PM..

Old 08-16-2010, 01:29 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,773,910 times
Teen's suspected killer beaten in Harris County jail | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Offenders against children usually dont fare well in the pokey.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:40 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,596,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Did anyone see on the news where an illegal alien robbed a girl and shot her in the back when she tried to run away? I hope the parents sue the federal government for negilence he was not supposed to be in this country if he was not here she would still be alive. It looks like they could argue the federal government is guilty of negilence. They also should get Jessie Jackson involved maybe make it a class action lawsuit. The states should also file a class action lawsuit because it cost money to house them when they are arrested for a crime. Then part of the lawsuit should be that the federal government has to give Mexico an ultimatium either they take care of their drug cartel problem or the US will do it for them.
Turn off the TV and back away

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,129,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
"Pokey"!!! Bwahahahahahahaha! Entendre?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:30 PM

739 posts, read 2,125,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The guy who beat the offender was the cousin of the dead girl. The cousin was also in for murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: