Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 14,867 times

Advertisements

Im looking to move to the Humble area. I have heard very bad reviews about the specific area i am moving 2. does anyone have any info that can maybe varify.

Im looking to Move to Humble With-in the Humble High attendance zone.

Woodland Pines? Atascocita Trace? or Park Lakes?

They tell me that this area is very similar to the Aldine and North Forest Area, and i want to stay away from all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 AM

551 posts, read 2,726,197 times
At one time I was considering Humble, but the airplane noise and traffic from Bush made me reconsider the area. However, I have heard that Kingwood is pretty good and does not suffer from the airport related issues. You might want to look into the Kingwood area also.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:50 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,502 times
Holywood, I live in Humble, but we don't feed into Humble high. Personally, I would stay away from anything that feeds into Humble High. I know the exact area you are referring to (those are right off Atascacita Rd and Park Lakes is off Wilson). I just haven't heard a lot of positive things about Humble high. There will be a new HS and MS built just off of the BW8 and Park Lakes may feed into that, but I'm not sure. ?? They are building some really great and affordable homes over there, but IMO they would get a lot of airplane noise and they are fairly close to the landfill.

Check out Kingwood, Summerwood & Eagle Springs. Good luck in your home search. Maybe go talk to the builder at Park Lakes and see if you can get more info on the school situation. ~K~

Old 06-27-2007, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 14,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
Holywood, I live in Humble, but we don't feed into Humble high. Personally, I would stay away from anything that feeds into Humble High. I know the exact area you are referring to (those are right off Atascacita Rd and Park Lakes is off Wilson). I just haven't heard a lot of positive things about Humble high. There will be a new HS and MS built just off of the BW8 and Park Lakes may feed into that, but I'm not sure. ?? They are building some really great and affordable homes over there, but IMO they would get a lot of airplane noise and they are fairly close to the landfill.

Check out Kingwood, Summerwood & Eagle Springs. Good luck in your home search. Maybe go talk to the builder at Park Lakes and see if you can get more info on the school situation. ~K~
They said Park Lakes is most likely going to stay an Humble High Feeder neighborhood. basically anything north of the beltway will go to humble, and everything south will attend Summerwood. The area where the faster growth is taking place.

The noise doesn't really bother me...and i like the Diversity that Humble High Has...its good for the kids.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:20 AM

19 posts, read 143,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holywood View Post
They said Park Lakes is most likely going to stay an Humble High Feeder neighborhood. basically anything north of the beltway will go to humble, and everything south will attend Summerwood. The area where the faster growth is taking place.

The noise doesn't really bother me...and i like the Diversity that Humble High Has...its good for the kids.
Here we ago again with this nonsence about Humble High and the neg reviews. Has anyone looked at the recent Texas school ratings? Humble High and Atascocita High are both rated "Accademically Acceptable" for 2006/2007. They are running neck and neck at this point. They are both very diverse and from what I can tell the only difference between the two is that one is new and the other is old. HHS is currently being remodeled so soon you will not be able to use that as a negative. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the rezoning when Atascocita High School was built and I see there is still room for debate. I will say again as I've stated many times, Humble High is just as good as Atascocita, if not better. The teachers really TEACH, not necessarily to the TAKS, but the kids get a really good education. They actually care about the students and kids/parents/teachers have a lot of pride for the school and are very involved. Please visit the school, talk to students, parents, teachers, and administrators and make an informed decision.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 7,391 times
i go to humble high school. it is not a bad school at all. people just give it a bad name. park lakes feeds into our school. i know lots of people that originally went into atascosita high school because their parents felt it was a bad school, but they moved back to humble within that first semester. so, please dont give my area a bad name, unless you get a personal opinion from a native.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
Moderator cut: inappropriate remarks

As for Humble, they recently posted crime stats for all the major neighborhoods around Houston and Humble was near the very top for violent crime and property crime, so you might keep that in mind before moving there.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-30-2008 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Misspellings/captalization isn't against ToS... attacking a person over it is! Per ToS, we are here to help each other.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:59 PM

4 posts, read 18,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
As for Humble, they recently posted crime stats for all the major neighborhoods around Houston and Humble was near the very top for violent crime and property crime, so you might keep that in mind before moving there.
How do you go about finding this info? Would really be interested to look at a few neighborhoods.

Thanks

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-30-2008 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: edited quote

Old 10-30-2008, 03:43 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by landms17 View Post
How do you go about finding this info? Would really be interested to look at a few neighborhoods.

Thanks
It was on the Houston Chronicle website I believe. Try a search there.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,487 times
humble have very bad crime rate.I have been robbed at gunpoint in humble.dont move there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: