Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdouglas View Post
Is this true? I'm going to try it
LOL - not to hi-jack the thread but:

10 Crazy Facts About Coca Cola You Did Not Know

Also:
Here’s ten true facts about “Coca-Cola”.
In one night “Coca Cola” can soften a tooth.
In one night “Coca Cola” can melt meat.
“Coca Cola” kills bugs.
You can polish coins with "Coca Cola".
"Coca Cola" can help you sunburn
"Coca Cola can wash paint off.
You can clean blood spots with it.
It is the perfect toilet cleaner.
If you have a headache, drink it and it will help.
"Coca Cola" stops hiccups.

Read more: Top Ten Facts About “Coca-Cola” | Bizcovering

I have no idea how many are true

Last edited by cheryjohns; 09-15-2010 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 05:27 PM

410 posts, read 1,495,411 times
I don't have any advice about apartments in that area but am getting aggravated reading your responses to this thread... You need to calm down and take heed to advice that people are giving you. You don't seen very receptive to suggestions or opinions. You seem to already know what you want so go live wherever you want. People that live here know how much it costs and know about the area. But of course it depends on how you are use to living. Some people on here didn't like the area I lived in but I had no problems with it. So you can't base your living arrangement on this forum. Since you are soooo adamant on getting the right response.

But I'll put in my 2 cents anyway....Maybe you can contact the community in Houston that represents country where you are from. They might be able to steer you in the right direction. They might even know of people in the area you can room with or rent a room from. Also lookup non profit organizations in Houston that specially help your nationality.

Last edited by Be Happy 2; 09-15-2010 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Ooooooops......used country instead of culture/nationality

Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM

73 posts, read 131,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Bunk with sophomores, juniors or seniors. You'll get the benefit of their experience. Insert a listing on Craigslist requesting roommates of your nationality for the spring semester. I'm sure there are plenty of U of H students similarly looking to share an apartment.
Will try - Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
The apartment you linked to at 8751 Broadway:

You're probably not going to make any lifelong friends there and vehicle theft or vehicle break-in would be a legitimate concern so don't leave any valuables in the car and take common-sense precautions that you would take at any apartment complex. You're also probably going to hate being so close to Hobby Airport. If your commute to school involves Interstate 45 inbound between the hours of 6:30 AM and 9:00 AM, it's going to suck. However, if the apartment is the closest one that fits your budget then that's the one you should select. A lot of people live in less than prestigious apartments while they study in an attempt to better themselves. Not very many of them end up dead as a result. I'm not going to tell you that you will love living there and everything will be just peachy because there may be some times when you are truly uncomfortable or even scared - but it will be suitable, spartan living arrangements for a student on a shoestring.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of that particular apartment but I am familiar with the area. Take-home: It may not be fun or sexy (and you are unlikely to get laid while living there) but you aren't going to die or crunch crack vials everyday on the way to your car.

As an alternative, seek a roomate or start looking at Craigslist for garage apartments for rent in the area.
Thanks for the info.
And yes btw...tell me the best place to get laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Happy 2 View Post
I don't have any advice about apartments in that area but am getting aggravated reading your responses to this thread... You need to calm down and take heed to advice that people are giving you. You don't seen very receptive to suggestions or opinions. You seem to already know what you want so go live wherever you want. People that live here know how much it costs and know about the area. But of course it depends on how you are use to living. Some people on here didn't like the area I lived in but I had no problems with it. So you can't base your living arrangement on this forum. Since you are soooo adamant on getting the right response.

But I'll put in my 2 cents anyway....Maybe you can contact the community in Houston that represents country where you are from. They might be able to steer you in the right direction. They might even know of people in the area you can room with or rent a room from. Also lookup non profit organizations in Houston that specially help your nationality.
Thanks for reply.
Listen man, I'm not being adamant at all, it's just that am really tight on budget at this moment therefore I have to lookup for places which are cheaper, I can't afford to starve while staying in a palace, neither could I live in an apt. where stuff are stolen every now & then.
The point am trying to make here is, I have already received the valuable info that local ppl wanted to give me, & I do respect it.
But am helpless, & trust me on this if there's any better place I would definitely move there only, simply think that why have I latched onto BSA, only coz of my budget issue.
I'm searching for Garage Apt. in Craigslist, hopefully I will be successful in finding just my perfect home

Old 09-15-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
LOL - not to hi-jack the thread but:

10 Crazy Facts About Coca Cola You Did Not Know

Also:
Here’s ten true facts about “Coca-Cola”.
In one night “Coca Cola” can soften a tooth.
In one night “Coca Cola” can melt meat.
“Coca Cola” kills bugs.
You can polish coins with "Coca Cola".
"Coca Cola" can help you sunburn
"Coca Cola can wash paint off.
You can clean blood spots with it.
It is the perfect toilet cleaner.
If you have a headache, drink it and it will help.
"Coca Cola" stops hiccups.

Read more: Top Ten Facts About “Coca-Cola” | Bizcovering

I have no idea how many are true

Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 PM

128 posts, read 130,249 times
Where are you moving from?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HilaryC View Post
Where are you moving from?
My Home Country, this Spring

Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripan5 View Post
My Home Country, this Spring
The poster was asking which country. You didn't say.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
The poster was asking which country. You didn't say.
India

Old 09-16-2010, 07:30 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripan5 View Post
India
There are LOTS of Indian students at the University of Houston. I don't think you would have a lot of trouble finding someone from a very similar background in a very similar situation who would be willing to share bills with you.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
There are LOTS of Indian students at the University of Houston. I don't think you would have a lot of trouble finding someone from a very similar background in a very similar situation who would be willing to share bills with you.

I just hope so.
But again I'm worried as I know how the students from India go abroad for studies 87-90 % Indian students go for Master's Study instead of undergrad.
Although it will be comparatively easier to find Indian students but finding some undergrad student will be a bit tough, anyways will try
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston