Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 AM

4,368 posts, read 4,579,461 times

Advertisements

I hear alot of people say Montrose or the heights but what are some of your personally favorite areas/neighborhoods that you feel like gets little to no praise?? Me personally I would choose 3rd ward..this area has so much history and the style of homes I love if I could I would live in 3rd ward..I think alot of people have assumptions about this part of town based off of hear say..which is why I rarley see photos of 3rd ward when people take Houston pictures..but I swear this area is one of the best spots in the inner loop..right in between downtown and TMC..you can ride down Southmore/Almeda/Elgin/Scott..very underrated area in the city..what are some of yalls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 AM

162 posts, read 552,439 times
i really like the second ward. just east of 59. Beautiful part of town. unfortunately a lot of the buildings are abandoned or getting pretty run down. But that area has lots of character, a small town feel, awesome buildings that arent cookie cutter suburbia. Plus its devoid of box stores for the most part. Just local run small businesses which is excellent.
i never hear anyone talking good about it, the only time i see it mentioned is when someone talks about how "scary" it is cause there are pretty much no white people there.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 AM

2,628 posts, read 8,809,825 times
The Five Most Underrated Neighborhoods In Houston - Houston News - Hair Balls

Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,594,685 times
I agree with Oak Forrest, I love the style of the homes there and the big yards. I also love Timbergrove, the yards aren't as big but the houses are equally cute. Very 50s and 60s. And the trees in Timbergrove give it such a cozy, home-y feel. I would have moved there, but had to compromise with the SO.

I live in Montrose so of course it's my favorite neighborhood, but I wouldn't say it's underrated by any stretch!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM

635 posts, read 1,701,689 times
agree, idylwood hands down...the hills in that neighborhood makes it unique in houston!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:56 AM

2,276 posts, read 4,031,830 times
Idylwood...

and also the area near Parkwood Park off of South MacGregor - spectacular homes and setting.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,837,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
Idylwood...

and also the area near Parkwood Park off of South MacGregor - spectacular homes and setting.
ditto for me on both counts.

I love these areas.

The parkwood park area is in Riverside Terrace.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:43 AM

55 posts, read 152,239 times
underrated and unique neighborhood. IMO its Sienna Plantation located just outside Houston. Other Master Planned Communities around Houston are over rated.
America's most unusual planned communities - Sienna Plantation: Green acres (6) - FORTUNE

Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,106,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movetotexas09 View Post
underrated and unique neighborhood. IMO its Sienna Plantation located just outside Houston. Other Master Planned Communities around Houston are over rated.
America's most unusual planned communities - Sienna Plantation: Green acres (6) - FORTUNE
I agree.

Sienna Plantation has a different feel than any of the other master planned neighborhoods in Houston. Very tight-knit community and extremely diverse.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:18 AM

70 posts, read 120,477 times
Hunters Terrace in Katy. Although not in Houston proper, it is really only 7 miles away from Houston City Limits. Amazing neighbors, custom homes that are truly unique, beautiful landscaped lots and homes in the perimeter of the neighborhood do not have a back yard neighbor. The neighbors talk to each other, walk their dogs at night, hold garage sales together, bbq together. My kids call it "Pleasantville" I take that as a compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston