Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 10:48 AM

332 posts, read 532,765 times

Advertisements

I wanted to see if you guys had any experience or if any one knows of good companies that can help me set up a e-commerce company.

Its going to be clothing and accessories for men and accessories for women.

I need help in finding companies based in houston that can host my website, design the site, optimization of site to be easy to seach in google, yahoo, etc, find shipping company so i can ship clothes to their homes and if i need to find company that can take credit cards so customers can buy with cards (maybe i need to contact Visa, MC, Discover reps).

While im at it, I might need help in finding a company that can manufacture the clothes. Im having a hard time finding them through google. keep getting weird sites. I am not going to be selling other company's clothes. I want to start my own line of pants, shirts, shoes, belts if that helps with getting helpful answers on companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 11:54 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,738,039 times
Volusion.com is a great website for setting up an e-commerce site with shopping cart. I used them years ago when I had an online store. They are do it yourself however so if you need someone to do all the setup for you then I can't help you there. As far as outsourcing your manufacturing I suggest you find someone else who is doing what you do and ask them for a referral. I also highly recommend you write a business plan before you start all this.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:11 PM

332 posts, read 532,765 times
I wrote my plan already. Just that either im not good with Google or I just might be like Antoine Dodson, stupid and ignorant because I seem to not be able to find companies. I really wanted a US manufacturer but if this does not go well with searching and such, I might just take it to Mexico. I already know a couple of 'Maquiladoras' that will do the clothes.

I got the clothes designs already. I have the range of prices desired. Got the name brand set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: