Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,166 times

Advertisements

The below is a survey regarding your life. If you live in or around Houston, Texas, please feel free to fill out the below survey. This is just a survey to see how people in Houston feel about their life so as to start an organization that can effectively help those who wish to improve their lives.

Are you interested in improving any part of your life?

If YES, please do the rest of the survey.

1. What concern do you have in your life which you'd like to remedy?

2. What in your life really needs change the most?

3. If you could be anything, what would you want to be?

4. What would have to happen for you to be that?

5. If you could do anything, what would you like to do?

6. What would have to happen for you to do that?

7. If you could have anything, what would you like to have?

8. What would have to happen for you to have that?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:41 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,273 times
But do I get a point if I see a bus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMind View Post
The below is a survey regarding your life. If you live in or around Houston, Texas, please feel free to fill out the below survey. This is just a survey to see how people in Houston feel about their life so as to start an organization that can effectively help those who wish to improve their lives.

Are you interested in improving any part of your life?

If YES, please do the rest of the survey.

1. What concern do you have in your life which you'd like to remedy?

2. What in your life really needs change the most?

3. If you could be anything, what would you want to be?

4. What would have to happen for you to be that?

5. If you could do anything, what would you like to do?

6. What would have to happen for you to do that?

7. If you could have anything, what would you like to have?

8. What would have to happen for you to have that?

Thank you

Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
I don't want to start off negative about a sincere question, but here are my first instinctive thoughts: traffic is a quality of life killer. Establish and enforce real traffic controls to aid the flow of commuters. Unleash law enforcement to go after criminal elements. Set in place local initiatives to spot check employers for illegal workers since the Fed won't do it and the state is afraid to. Hold school boards accountable for their decisions. Hold judges accountable. And on and on. In the end, it is only us that can change a situation. Don't wait for the government to fix it. I'm not suggesting that you are of that mind set, I'm just rambling about possible solutions to the problems. Houston (like many urban areas) is a mess, and it will take some genuine cooperative effort to get it back on track. I know this isn't what you asked, but it's what I felt the need to express concerning the question. What I personaly want for myself is not so important given the situation around me. I don't think Davy Crockett was giving much thought to quality of life issues on that last day at the Alamo, if you'll forgive an admitedly ridiculous comparison. (ramble mode off)

Last edited by Bideshi; 11-01-2010 at 11:00 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
But do I get a point if I see a bus?
Well, are you thankful for seeing a bus?

And the big question is - if you had the money, would you live on the bus or in the suburbs?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't want to start off negative about a sincere question, but here are my first instinctive thoughts: traffic is a quality of life killer. Establish and enforce real traffic controls to aid the flow of commuters. Unleash law enforcement to go after criminal elements. Set in place local initiatives to spot check employers for illegal workers since the Fed won't do it and the state is afraid to. Hold school boards accountable for their decisions. Hold judges accountable. And on and on. In the end, it is only us that can change a situation. Don't wait for the government to fix it. I'm not suggesting that you are of that mind set, I'm just rambling about possible solutions to the problems. Houston (like many urban areas) is a mess, and it will take some genuine cooperative effort to get it back on track. I know this isn't what you asked, but it's what I felt the need to express concerning the question. What I personaly want for myself is not so important given the situation around me. I don't think Davy Crockett was giving much thought to quality of life issues on that last day at the Alamo, if you'll forgive an admitedly ridiculous comparison. (ramble mode off)

Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Well, are you thankful for seeing a bus?

And the big question is - if you had the money, would you live on the bus or in the suburbs?
Silly question. I would rent a bus and live on it in the suburbs.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Silly question. I would rent a bus and live on it in the suburbs.
Well, that would leave more money for investments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston