Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:03 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
And, yet.....

TSA Orders Disabled Boy to Remove Leg Braces for Airport Security Clearance

this New Jersey boy was so scary TSA made him remove his leg braces and crawl through, unassisted by his parents. He was on the way to Disneyworld to celebrate his 4th birthday.

The things we do as a society so that we won't be accused of profiling. I'll take my chances with the 4 year old kid with leg braces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 PM

51 posts, read 119,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
And, yet.....

TSA Orders Disabled Boy to Remove Leg Braces for Airport Security Clearance

this New Jersey boy was so scary TSA made him remove his leg braces and crawl through, unassisted by his parents. He was on the way to Disneyworld to celebrate his 4th birthday.
"According to TSA policy, Ryan should have been granted access to a private screening area where he could have been swabbed for traces of explosive material."

OH WTF. As the mom of a few kids with special needs, one who wore braces a while... Oh I don't think so.

This is why I don't fly.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
I haven't seen the new scanners in Term A, B or C, not sure about E because I never go through security there. I'm sure it won't be long but I don't think IAH has them yet. I know the airports in Indianapolis, JFK, Ohare, Dallas Ft Worth, LAX and San Diego have them.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 PM

834 posts, read 2,683,441 times
gosh...those of you who are venturing to travel for Thanksgiving...be sure you have plenty of time to go through security. I have a business trip the week after...so it would be interesting to see what happens for Thxgiving weekend. Be safe!

Old 11-15-2010, 11:59 PM

239 posts, read 638,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_2010 View Post
gosh...those of you who are venturing to travel for Thanksgiving...be sure you have plenty of time to go through security. I have a business trip the week after...so it would be interesting to see what happens for Thxgiving weekend. Be safe!
I canceled my plans. No more flying for me until our society wakes up to where the real threats to freedom lie.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:07 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
I flew out of IAH last weekend and they did not have the new stripsearch scanners. Everything went as routine --meaning only the 'normal' inconvenience of removing my shoes and everything in my pockets.
I did see TSA (Touching Sensative Areas) agents right at the boarding concourse to teh plane picking people at random for patdowns. I thought that ws really stupid.
If a terrorist wanted to inflict great harm and thought they might not make it past security they could jsut detonate the bomb in the long line at the security checkpoint. That's what they have done in Iraq many times at police stations.
Its all security theater, not real security. Real security involves training agents to look for suspicious behavior, profile, ask questions, and things like that that Israeli security has been doing effectively for decades. Of course our TSA agents are not up to the task, being nothing more than glorified baggage handlers with fat federal paychecks.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I flew out of IAH last weekend and they did not have the new stripsearch scanners. Everything went as routine --meaning only the 'normal' inconvenience of removing my shoes and everything in my pockets.
I did see TSA (Touching Sensative Areas) agents right at the boarding concourse to teh plane picking people at random for patdowns. I thought that ws really stupid.
If a terrorist wanted to inflict great harm and thought they might not make it past security they could jsut detonate the bomb in the long line at the security checkpoint. That's what they have done in Iraq many times at police stations.
Its all security theater, not real security. Real security involves training agents to look for suspicious behavior, profile, ask questions, and things like that that Israeli security has been doing effectively for decades. Of course our TSA agents are not up to the task, being nothing more than glorified baggage handlers with fat federal paychecks.
I read an article recently that the TSA spend some tens of millions of dollars training a group of agents to spot suspicious behavior. So far these agents have not caught anyone doing anything.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
But what about the original question? Do both airports here have them? All terminals?

I'd like to avoid giving my pregnant wife an unnecessary dosage of radiation, but she's not too keen about being felt up by a high school drop out who thinks she's a police officer either. If it's as simple as choosing to fly from a different airline, I'd do that.

I figgure if I'm gonna get felt up by someone, I at least want them to take me out to dinner, and perhaps a drink or two before hand.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:41 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,278,870 times
Wear a burqa, it practically insures that you will not be "randomly" selected since the TSA will do anything to avoid charges of "profiling" especially when the religion of peace is involved.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:33 PM

61,637 posts, read 87,001,838 times
What about this:
The TSA has been molesting children for years, even before the “enhanced pat down” measures were announced.

The three year old girl screams “stop touching me” as the TSA goon feels up and down her legs and backside. The goon continues to grope her even after her mother picks her up and the child is clearly distressed.

Now that rapists and pedophiles are being hired as a result of the TSA’s woeful background checks, the perverts will also be able to see a naked body scanner image of your daughter.

As USA Today reported, despite the TSA’s outright lie that the new measures do not constitute groping or even squeezing, “The searches require screeners to touch passengers’ breasts and genitals.”
Airport screeners get more aggressive with pat-downs - USATODAY.com

As AirSafe News reports, “The current system of background checks may have allowed those convicted of rape and other sexually based offenses to join TSA.”
The AirSafe.com News: Is the TSA allowing convicted rapists to perform pat-down searches?

Indeed, back in March it emerged that TSA worker Sean Shanahan, who was employed at Boston Logan International Airport to pat down passengers, had been charged with multiple child sex crimes targeting an underage girl.

TSA Clears Illegal Immigrants To Work At NY Airport | Judicial Watch

Just this week Judicial Watch also reported on how the TSA approved flight training for illegal aliens.
“At a flight school in Stow, a rural community about 25 miles west of Boston, more than 30 illegal aliens were cleared by the TSA to train as pilots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston