Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 10:53 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times

Advertisements

Also some of the items for sale are of inferior quality and made especially to sell on black Friday. So you actually do get the tv listed in the circular, but it is a special cheaper-made version labeled as the version you have been eyeballing for a month.

I tried Black Friday shopping once at a Best Buy in Beaumont. From then on I realized it was soooooooooooo not worth my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,494,886 times
You're right DanielWayne, most of the electronic doorcrashers are a scam! Cheaper versions or something b/c if you look at the serial codes, it's usually off by a few digits. I sometimes go during regular opening hours (ie, no earlier than 8am) and stay in one big mall b/c I want/need to get all my shoppings done by Dec 1 in order to knock it out of the way and mail things off in time for Xmas. I never go for door crashers b/c they're junk (like socks, minigloves, etc). However, the "10-25% off entire purchase" coupons that many stores have during that day sometiems could add up to alot when you're doing all your purchases in one day. This year i didn't go b/c lazy, havent done internet shopping either, guess it'll be gift cards for everyone. sigh! (don't like giving gift cards)
I can't believe nobody here crashed the malls though and fought for that last toy on the shelf, we're all no fun!

Old 11-26-2010, 01:19 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Not worth my time. You are still going to get the same deals online. Actually the best deals were even before Black Friday. There is also Cyber Monday.

It will be interesting to see the sales # for this year. Good indicator of the Economy.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:21 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Any Stock shares on sales discount?

Old 11-26-2010, 01:35 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
I don't buy into the whole "Black Friday" hype. The same deals will be going all the way until Christmas & even better ones after New Year.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:37 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Ikr.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:16 PM

51 posts, read 119,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post

I tried Black Friday shopping once at a Best Buy in Beaumont. From then on I realized it was soooooooooooo not worth my time.
Aww thats my favorite place!!! You only have to line up a few hours ahead to get at the front of the line. Even if you dont get there till 4 youre only halfway around the building.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:40 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myztri View Post
aww thats my favorite place!!! You only have to line up a few hours ahead to get at the front of the line. Even if you dont get there till 4 youre only halfway around the building.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:15 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myztri View Post
Aww thats my favorite place!!! You only have to line up a few hours ahead to get at the front of the line. Even if you dont get there till 4 youre only halfway around the building.

Haha that pretty much sums up my experience when I convinced my nephew to try out Black Friday at Best Buy. He hasn't forgiven me since!

Old 11-26-2010, 03:33 PM

262 posts, read 650,306 times
I went shopping at 4.30am! Got some great deals, too.
There are definitely sales happening today that I know I won't see again for a while. You have to dig and plan to get to the good ones, though. And you only save money if it's something you were going to buy anyway. For example, I've needed a new toaster for a while now. I got a good one from JCPenney for ten bucks this morning. Sure, I have to send in a rebate form - but I've never had a problem with JCPenney's rebate offers. (Best Buy, THAT'S another story...)

We wanted to get the 40 inch TV from Target for $300, but they were out by the time I got there. That was a pretty sweet deal for the people who got it!

Lane Bryant (plus size store) had everything buy-one-get-one free. To get the most out of it, my husband and I did three separate transactions ) but I walked outta there with multiple layering pieces, sweaters, work tops, and bras for not much money, when you consider how much the stuff usually is. (I had thrown away quite a few pieces that were too worn/faded when we moved from SA a few months ago.)

My point is - it IS worth it if you're saving money on stuff you were going to buy anyway at a higher price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston