Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 03:57 PM

14 posts, read 53,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdouglas View Post
I have a home in Pecan Grove. It is a big deal. You are right. Every house is decorated. There is a community-wide contest. Several tractor-drawn hayrides throughout ther neighborhood. Stop at Randalls on 359 to board. I believe the cost is $5 each person or you can reserve the entire tractor. Sipping hot cocoa on your hayride is a tradition. Local church has provided a live-reenactment of the nativity in the past. Pecan Grove is usually highlighted by the local news. You can go to You Tube and see some of the decoration.

How neat! Is there certain days or times that you can get on the hayride? My boys would LOVE that. We were thinking of driving to Moody Gardens but a hayride AND Christmas lights sounds way better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM

739 posts, read 2,136,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysmommy View Post
How neat! Is there certain days or times that you can get on the hayride? My boys would LOVE that. We were thinking of driving to Moody Gardens but a hayride AND Christmas lights sounds way better!
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Usually 6pm -10pm.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysmommy View Post
[SIZE=2]Holiday Hayrides[/SIZE]

http://www.eventsinfortbend.com/templates/gk_musictop/images/pdf_button.png (broken link) http://www.eventsinfortbend.com/templates/gk_musictop/images/printButton.png (broken link)

Austin High School Prograd presents a HOLIDAY TOUR OF THE LIGHTS HAYRIDE in Pecan Grove.

Friday and Saturday nights beginning December 3rd through December 18th with proceeds benefitting the Austin High School Pro Grad Celebration. Bring family & friends to experience the magic. Take your picture with Santa! Have your face painted! Cameras are welcome! Rides start 7:00pm and continue until 9:00pm. Cost is $5 per person (ages 2 and under are free). Refreshments will be available for purchase. Pick up and drop off will be at the Pecan Grove Randall's on FM359. Reservations are recommended for parties of 6 or more. For reservations or to schedule private party tours, please email sugarlandc@yahoo.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call 281-565-1314[SIZE=2] begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 281-565-1314 end_of_the_skype_highlighting[/SIZE].

Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 PM

14 posts, read 53,672 times
Thanks so much! We will be going!

Old 12-10-2010, 06:48 PM

95 posts, read 322,620 times
It's not a neighborhood and it has been mentioned in a couple of other previous threads, but Santa's Wonderland is not too far of a drive just south of College Station.

I'm going to check it out for the first time tomorrow night.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:11 AM

243 posts, read 799,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdouglas View Post
[SIZE=2]Holiday Hayrides[/SIZE]

Austin High School Prograd presents a HOLIDAY TOUR OF THE LIGHTS HAYRIDE in Pecan Grove.

Friday and Saturday nights beginning December 3rd through December 18th with proceeds benefitting the Austin High School Pro Grad Celebration. Bring family & friends to experience the magic. Take your picture with Santa! Have your face painted! Cameras are welcome! Rides start 7:00pm and continue until 9:00pm. Cost is $5 per person (ages 2 and under are free). Refreshments will be available for purchase. Pick up and drop off will be at the Pecan Grove Randall's on FM359. Reservations are recommended for parties of 6 or more. For reservations or to schedule private party tours, please email sugarlandc@yahoo.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call 281-565-1314[SIZE=2] begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 281-565-1314 end_of_the_skype_highlighting[/SIZE].
email sent!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carryyourbooks View Post
email sent!
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:23 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
We did Pecan Grove last year and it was wonderful. I had no idea that was out there...

Old 12-11-2010, 09:46 PM

377 posts, read 1,346,165 times
Can someone please give little more (insider) information/tips about how to get there and how to drive around ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
We did Pecan Grove last year and it was wonderful. I had no idea that was out there...

Old 12-11-2010, 11:06 PM

243 posts, read 799,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretogo View Post
Can someone please give little more (insider) information/tips about how to get there and how to drive around ?
here is a link to a map. i wouldn't go without a gps or map if you don't know the area. i would start with plantation drive. you can either enter from fm 359 or harlem road. there really isn't any tip to provide on driving. there will be many others doing the same thing. traffic never bogs down. we are taking the hayride this year just because we have never done it.

Google Maps (of Pecan Grove)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston