Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:35 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,190,508 times

Advertisements

Traffic is horrible around Memorial Mall and Willowbrook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 PM

912 posts, read 2,556,129 times
What I like best about parking lots in busy locations is all the retards causing traffic jams because they are too lazy (or have some excuse about parking nearer being somehow safer) to walk a few yards.

Watched a bunch of idiots causing chaos at the I-10 HEB while I parked about a 15 second walk away and strolled past as they sat there- indicators on (turn signals for the hard of thinking), jostling over a parking space near the door. Surprise surprise they were both disgusting, sweaty, obese pigs.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:39 PM

860 posts, read 1,584,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
And to those people who bash those who drive around looking for a close spot ... its not laziness (okay in some cases, it probably is) ... but for females who shop alone, there is a safety factor for them to park closer and not be walking to the ends of a lot alone while loaded up with bags. So be nice - you would want your wife, mom, sister, grandmother or girlfriend to be up close and not wandering far out in the lots while loaded down.
That safety factor is very important! Also, there are those folks who have bone and joint ailments or injuries but don't qualify for a Handicapped Tag -- parking close means being able to save a few painful steps.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:41 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,765,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Houston Galleria is always busy.
I can imagine. I bet traffic is a beast around that area.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:57 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,601,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I can imagine. I bet traffic is a beast around that area.

A&M, it will be great when you graduate Alabama A&M and move to Houston. Then you can experience all of the malls and all of the traffic Houston has. That would answer alot of your questions would it not? I hope that you like Houston when you do arrive here. You will have to send us all a direct message so we can throw you that Texas Sized Fiesta in your honor. And yes the traffic is a beast around most of the remaining major malls in Houston. Looking forward to your arrival A&M!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:03 PM

No, I was asking about holiday mall traffic. That's all.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:10 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,601,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
No, I was asking about holiday mall traffic. That's all.
A&M, I know you were asking about the holiday mall traffic. I have been reading this thread and your posts. I was just showing you some good hospitality with my post. And yes, once again, traffic builds up this time of year around the remaining major malls in Houston. I said that in my pevious post.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:11 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,988,426 times
Grunn - hello, nice to meet you. I am one of the "retards" you refer to causing a traffic jam. Not really a jam .... just a one car behind me while I wait for someone to back out. And lazy ... not hardly. I fitness train about 4 days a week and on the "off days" walk about 4 or 5 miles per day. Safety as an excuse? Whatever. Yes, it is safer for women shopping alone to park near the stores where there is more foot traffic and the distance at a major mall during the holidays from the storefront parking to the spaces that are near the freeway - much more than a few yards. Also fewer car break-ins as you are closer to the front as well (this from an HPD officer). So, Fa la la la la la la la la and Merry Christmas to you - Happy Shopping.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberAzeneth View Post
A&M, I know you were asking about the holiday mall traffic. I have been reading this thread and your posts. I was just showing you some good hospitality with my post. And yes, once again, traffic builds up this time of year around the remaining major malls in Houston. I said that in my pevious post.
You're good! I just wanted to know because I've been hearing how enclosed malls aren't famous and aren't doing great compared to the open-air malls. I wanted to see how busy Houston area's enclosed malls are during the Holiday season despite enclosed malls' reputation.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:25 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,484,606 times
I do a majority of gift shopping online. I made a run to a high end store in late Nov. before the crush started.

But just to get to the grocery store or book store at Town&Country has been insane lately. Yeilding on Green just doesn't work anymore since CityCentre sprung up. Getting a table for dinner in that area without a reservation just isn't going to happen. But bar eats at Eddie V's works in a pinch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston