Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,602,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Htown, are Greenspoint and Sharpstown busy too during the season?

A&M, Sharpstown is Plaza Americas now. Greenspoint is not really a major shopping destination for the city any more. There is always traffic at the Soutwest Freeway @ Bellaire Blvd. and Bellair Blvd. @ Fondren Road. That is a year round high traffic area. IH-45 @ Beltway 8 and IH-45 @ Greens Road are high traffic areas too. The holidays do not change those areas to much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 07:12 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Are there any plans to turn Greenspoint around?

Old 12-20-2010, 07:23 PM

912 posts, read 2,556,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Grunn - hello, nice to meet you. I am one of the "retards" you refer to causing a traffic jam. Not really a jam .... just a one car behind me while I wait for someone to back out. And lazy ... not hardly. I fitness train about 4 days a week and on the "off days" walk about 4 or 5 miles per day. Safety as an excuse? Whatever. Yes, it is safer for women shopping alone to park near the stores where there is more foot traffic and the distance at a major mall during the holidays from the storefront parking to the spaces that are near the freeway - much more than a few yards. Also fewer car break-ins as you are closer to the front as well (this from an HPD officer). So, Fa la la la la la la la la and Merry Christmas to you - Happy Shopping.
Merry Christmas to you too-

I saw several cars, all stationary, waiting at several points, while the beasts in question sat, indicators on, for the space within waddling distance of the door.

If you don't leave anything in your car it won't get robbed wherever you park as it doesn't exist.

If I was a robber/rapist then I'd be quite happy to do my 'stuff' wherever and the evidence seems to suggest they do. Parking 30 foot closer to a store isn't going to make a difference IMO.

Still your choice, if you prefer to be selfish, hold up the traffic flow and generally be an anti social American you'll be just like the majority of your countrymen in my experience.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
You are entitled to your opinion .... As a woman, I'm taking my advice from an HPD officer in regard to personal safety and in any city, you have to look out for your own safety, health and well-being. So it's only selfish in your eyes because it slows you down...... so perhaps you are the selfish person begrudging someone some additional safety because it cost you a couple of extra minutes. Traffic flow - its a parking lot not a street or freeway. Hardly makes one anti-social....

Last edited by texas7; 12-20-2010 at 08:31 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 08:46 PM

It's selfish because the actions of one person have repercussions for many. That's the definition of selfish, look in a dictionary.

Selfish | Define Selfish at Dictionary.com

You can argue with the dictionary if you like but it won't make mitigate your self-obsessive behaviour. It seems to be endemic amongst you and your countrymen. Nice environment you create for yourselves- not that I care that much because it ;

a: didn't affect me because I park miles away so retards like you don't damage my car when you slam your car door into mine. Nor do you slow me down because I only observe the chaos from a distance. I like walking, which is why I'm not obese. I'm only commenting because I want people like you to know that there are folk like me out there laughing at your utter moronity.

b: I have no intention whatsoever of living in this cesspit of a country for the rest of my life.

As for taking advice from HPD if you want to take control get a CHP and some training. Next time you feel threatened finger your Ruger .380 in your pocket and stick a magazine into a bad guy and do us all a favour.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
A bit self-righteous with your opinions and a bit self absorbed with it at that with a scoop of childishness for name-calling. Good night Grunn - Happy Holidays.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:52 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
How is The Woodlands Mall?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
A bit self-righteous with your opinions and a bit self absorbed with it at that with a scoop of childishness for name-calling. Good night Grunn - Happy Holidays.
Duh! Read my body of 'work', this is par for the course.

Still don't let that stand in the way of your lack of ability to debate. I always find a glib comment and saying adieu make up for a lack of any salient points............at least for the opposition

Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,602,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
How is The Woodlands Mall?
Freaking packed year round. Add Christmas to the mix and it is almost chaotically busy and crowded. Forget about parking. Is chaotically even a word?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:57 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Y'all should have put this thread on the Texas Forum. I want to participate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston