Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 PM

177 posts, read 425,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
My gf will always consider Ohio home, but over the weekend she told me, once again, that she is glad to be in Houston and not facing 20F weather. And that is including our "brutal" summers
I am so jealous of the weather in Houston. Here in MN we are buried under the snow. A week ago we got a big snow storm with the total accumulation of 2 feet of snow. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiLPMx4gMLg
After that big storm followed by cold temps of single digits to subzero, the packed snow from the storm has became boulders like. We have to chunk it out as blocks to remove them off of our drive way. No fun. It sucks.

Today another storm is passing through our area with the total accumulation predicted 4-8 inches. Where on earth can we house all this snow? I haven't gotten a clue. The storm was predicted to taper off through the night. We then have a break for Wednesday with no snow then another storm has been forecasted to move through our area Thursday. We are doomed. Seriously. Year 2012 has arrived!

BTW, it's only December and in MN we've already gotten more than 3 feet of snow. Yay yay yay. This means flood big time when spring comes...and by that I meant later April to May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 10:51 PM

16 posts, read 22,641 times
I am so jealous of the weather in Houston. Today in Louisville the weather will get up to a whopping 38 degrees. Can't wait to move to Houston

Old 12-21-2010, 11:34 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,570,916 times
This weather is like 9999999999 x better than it being 35 outside cloudy & windy or 22 & snowing outside

Old 12-21-2010, 12:02 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,694,805 times
80 degrees today!! Really puts you in the Christmas spirit, doesn't it!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:17 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,266,728 times
Yeah the weather is getting a bit out of hand now. Nice humidity to go along with it. Wasn't it in the 40's just last week?

Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,053,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeTon View Post
I am so jealous of the weather in Houston. Here in MN we are buried under the snow. A week ago we got a big snow storm with the total accumulation of 2 feet of snow. Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiLPMx4gMLg
After that big storm followed by cold temps of single digits to subzero, the packed snow from the storm has became boulders like. We have to chunk it out as blocks to remove them off of our drive way. No fun. It sucks.

Today another storm is passing through our area with the total accumulation predicted 4-8 inches. Where on earth can we house all this snow? I haven't gotten a clue. The storm was predicted to taper off through the night. We then have a break for Wednesday with no snow then another storm has been forecasted to move through our area Thursday. We are doomed. Seriously. Year 2012 has arrived!

BTW, it's only December and in MN we've already gotten more than 3 feet of snow. Yay yay yay. This means flood big time when spring comes...and by that I meant later April to May.
Wow, that's tough! I like the snow, but just while visiting northern cities. Houston really isn't that bad. October-May are extremely pleasant!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:52 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,051,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Look out for mold/mildew. The temp and humidity are both 75.
Bah humbug. It's lovely outside. Nobody's home will be taken over by mold & mildew because they open the windows for a bit.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:02 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,023,066 times
Weather works for me. I'll take it over September weather everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:34 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Hate to be a wet blanket, but i'll never understand how people can tolerate a warm december . what happened to people enjoying the BALANCE of four seasons? what happened to dreaming of a white christmas? ....i'm sorry, but holiday decorations and santa claus hats when it's 78 degrees and humid outside has to be the most ridiculous and nauseating thing in the world. not to mention those people that insist on wearing winter fashion just because it's december; never mind the fact that it's warm and sunny outside .....makes me itch

people may envy houston's weather, but the region of the country with the most desirable weather IMO is the upper southeast (north georgia, north carolina, tenn, etc). their winters are considerably mild (but more winter-like) WITHOUT the broiling, seemingly neverending summer temps that houston has.

Last edited by AlGreen; 12-21-2010 at 01:48 PM..

Old 12-21-2010, 01:56 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,266,728 times
Nobody said Houston had the most desirable weather in the nation. Just that yesterday was pretty nice for December. Today is stretching it a bit.

Not sure I understand the question of what happened to dreaming of a white Christmas. Not everyone in the US (or the world for that matter) even knows what a white Christmas is about. Not everyone cares, either. Just enjoy the holidays and be merry and all that good stuff! And I will continue to enjoy walking in a tee-shirt in late December. Makes Christmas shopping easier when I don't have to wear some big bulky coat. Or shovel snow. Appreciate the small things and you will be happier! Merry Christmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston