Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:42 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times

Advertisements

I was in the Texas forum looking at the country thread about Houston and Texas, and I must say that Houston has some raw talent! I'm impressed and I don't care for rap music because most of it is stupid (Yeah and I am a young cat!). Music from Houston sounds like REAL music and not that corny Southern music that is mainly associated with Altanta. I think Houston is going to redefine Southern rap. What do y'all think?

Excuse the language!

I'm totally feeling this song!
Don't judge! The beat is hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cblOmasYLV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbbtw19BFgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl_LL-teeRk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
H-Town already blew up and reached it's peak in 05. You have sprinkles of talent in the city but those 3 rappers you posted up is not the best example of the new generation of Houston artist. If you really want to research Houston music rap scene just let me know. I can direct you to when Houston music scene was really good and even some classic records. Artist and groups like Geto Boys/ Rap-A-Lot back in the 80s and early 90s. SPC back in the early 90s. Screwed up Click and all the solo artist that dropped albums. Swisha House. Boss Hogg Outlaws. Devin the Dude. Scarface. Chamillionaire(older Cham). UGK(from PAT but there just as much Houston based artist).Z-Ro. I mean really good music. This new generation is horrible. Houston music scene still better then Dallas hip-hop scene. But Atlanta to me still has a better music scene even if they come out with alot of trash artist they still have a better hip-hop scene. Back in the day I would have gave it to Houston. But as of recent Atlanta has breed some pretty good artist more so then Houston.

And btw, I can see this thread being shut down or either hit with alot of negative comments about rap music.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 AM

I know, but I just wanted to show you guys that someone that's not from Houston love the talent and the music from your city! I'm sorry if I posted anything that shows the city in a negative way!

Old 12-22-2010, 12:16 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,623,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I know, but I just wanted to show you guys that someone that's not from Houston love the talent and the music from your city! I'm sorry if I posted anything that shows the city in a negative way!
Lol, I'm not offended by it, i'm just stating that I think alot of people on this forum will be turned off by this thread. Judging from alot of the stereotypes a certain group of people tend to get by members on this forum. I was just trying to give you a heads up. By All Means I don't mind this thread at all because I love hip-hop. I live hip-hop so we can talk about this all day. Matter fact A&M you familiar with older Houston hip-hop material?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:12 AM

No. This new era of hip hop has been very dominant, so I'm not too familiar with Houston's older rap scene.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:11 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
H-Town already blew up and reached it's peak in 05. You have sprinkles of talent in the city but those 3 rappers you posted up is not the best example of the new generation of Houston artist. If you really want to research Houston music rap scene just let me know. I can direct you to when Houston music scene was really good and even some classic records. Artist and groups like Geto Boys/ Rap-A-Lot back in the 80s and early 90s. SPC back in the early 90s. Screwed up Click and all the solo artist that dropped albums. Swisha House. Boss Hogg Outlaws. Devin the Dude. Scarface. Chamillionaire(older Cham). UGK(from PAT but there just as much Houston based artist).Z-Ro. I mean really good music. This new generation is horrible. Houston music scene still better then Dallas hip-hop scene. But Atlanta to me still has a better music scene even if they come out with alot of trash artist they still have a better hip-hop scene. Back in the day I would have gave it to Houston. But as of recent Atlanta has breed some pretty good artist more so then Houston.

And btw, I can see this thread being shut down or either hit with alot of negative comments about rap music.
Yeah; that's not great examples because that makes Houston rap scene look dull. I listen to those dudes, but I need more variety.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:15 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Houston rap already blew up. Rap was at its peak in popularity the mid part of last decade and now seems its on its way down. People who like it will still listen to it, but I cant see another city will achieve fame the way Atlanta did because rap simply isnt as popular anymore in the mainstream. Now, electronic dance beats seem to be the masses musical drug of choice.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:30 AM

No city can top NYC. Atlanta was garbage from the beginning. TI and probably Gucci Mane and Ludacris are worth something.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:07 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
No city can top NYC. Atlanta was garbage from the beginning. TI and probably Gucci Mane and Ludacris are worth something.
No way, the rap scene in Atlanta is hands down the best in the south.

The film scene there is killer too as its only rival is Austin in terms of film in the south.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Houston rap already blew up. Rap was at its peak in popularity the mid part of last decade and now seems its on its way down. People who like it will still listen to it, but I cant see another city will achieve fame the way Atlanta did because rap simply isnt as popular anymore in the mainstream. Now, electronic dance beats seem to be the masses musical drug of choice.
The Houston rap scene has gone downhill but it's not terrible.

In the south, Atlanta is hands down has the best hip hop scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston