Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:45 AM

3 posts, read 7,542 times

Advertisements

What about Klein? Anyone have or know good or bad about their special services?

Thank you !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 PM

69 posts, read 406,048 times
I've heard that Klein ISD is really bad for special ed. I would love to see that change because that school district serves some beautiful neighborhoods. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,251 times
Sorry if I'm too late in replying in this post but DO NOT and I mean ABSOLUTELY DO not make your kids go to school in Alief/Spring Branch district especially for high school. The education "receive" there are horrible and if you check the TEA rating for most of the schools in those district you can see that it isn't a recommended place for your child to attend. I REALLY recommend you to look at HISD/Cypress Fairbanks ISD district if you want your child to nourish in a good learning environment especially HISD. HISD offers so much opportunity for your kids. Instead of upgrading their equipment (which is completely unnecessary as their equipment are of very good quality) HISD actually use their budget correctly and spends it on their kids. I'm currently force to attend a school in Spring Branch district right now and as a former HISD high school student I can say this....it is absolutely ridiculous at how low of a standard Spring Branch expect out of their kids. SBISD waste most of their money on upgrading on equipment like for example IMACs which is completely unnecessary as the computers available in their school are capable of running education programs without any disturbance. Plus in HISD your child is not force to attend their home school/ zone school instead they can apply to magnet schools such as T.H Rogers or rice (I really recommend T.H Rogers for elementary/middle school because the program there is very rigorous and trains your kids for taking AP classes in high school)!

Old 05-01-2019, 09:41 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,034,782 times
One note about Alief ISD is that, while elementary (K-4), intermediate (grades 5-6), and middle school (7-8) levels have attendance boundaries, high schools rely on a random lottery. https://www.aliefisd.net/Page/5212

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj2011 View Post
Thanks again for shedding some light ... yes, I too think the Briargreen community looks nice zoned with a good elementary school. The West Oaks Mall looks safe to me with actually not that bad crime stats (2006-2009) in that area. The thing that concerns me are the middle and high schools, which appear from the TAKS rating as not so good. But after a decade who knows things might change here. Are transfers really a pain? What if you try to change location later to transfer to a better school? If you cannot find a buyer for your home, what are your options? Can you rent an additional apartment/condo near the "good, desirable" school in addition to keeing your home on sale?
My understanding is that the Spring Branch schools north of I-10: Northbrook and Spring Woods, have had issues, while those south of I-10, Memorial and Stratford, have better reputations. Your mileage may vary.

Quote:
Sorry if I'm too late in replying in this post but DO NOT and I mean ABSOLUTELY DO not make your kids go to school in Alief/Spring Branch district especially for high school. The education "receive" there are horrible

Old 05-02-2019, 04:00 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,114,557 times
This thread is 8 years old.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:08 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,034,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
This thread is 8 years old.
wow.. I didnt realize this until I checked the years after seeing the post (I honestly am not sure how my browser got into the thread)

nonetheless the misconceptions about Alief high schools needed to be cleared up - there are no specific zones Alied ISD schools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston