Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 PM

21 posts, read 202,664 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. I am a single male in my late 20's. I graduated from college 4.5 years ago an ended up in San Antonio with my first and so far, only job. I thought I was only going to be here for a year but I ended up staying much longer. It is nice in San Antonio but it can be a frustrating place to live as a young, single professional.. at least when I compare it to Dallas, Houston, and Austin. The opportunities here are not as immense as in Houston or Dallas and being single here ain't that great.

I grew up in Houston and my parents still live there. Lately, I've been having a desire to get to a bigger city such as Dallas or Houston (more opportunities, better dating opportunities, more stuff going on). I'm also considering Dallas because it is a smaller town and I have a lot of friends there too (and even though Houston is HUGE I still am a little put off living in the same city as my folks). I think Houston is a great city but I am somewhat hesitant to move back there. I am in sales and I will likely use my current job to get me to a larger market. I know the traffic is horrendous (I've been spoiled in SA cause it's nothing compared to Houston in terms of traffic!). So I know being in sales in Houston means spending a lot of time on those congested highways. Anyone doing this? Is it horrible or do you get used to it? I can make sales calls here during the day and hardly ever worry about traffic. I know the pace of life will be much faster there and the job will be more demanding but I think I will adjust alright. Anyone have any thoughts on the dating / singles scene there? It's not great here. I'm not a big bar guy in the first place but people are in their own world here and don't really put themselves out there. Thanks for any insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
I just moved back to Houston after a 4 year stint in SA. I am sooooo glad to be back and out of SA.

The Traffic in SA isn't all that better than in Houston. In Fact Austin is now the bad boy for traffic in Texas nnow. Austin is ranked top 4 in the US now for bad traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston