Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This is a post from a young person that does not know what they want to do with life yet. Right now they think getting high getting drunk & partying all the time is so cool well it is gonna screw up your life if you do not make changes real soon your gonna be in real trouble in a few yrs

If he's young, I say party on. Most people only get so much time to jerk their life off. After that, the bull**** jobs get old fast. And if that does not apply, the pains and prolonged brain farts after the party will eventually become no longer worth it.

Speaking of things getting stale, is the "alcohol is so much worse" arguments. Physically, I don't doubt that. But I can find the same 9 debate points all over stoner sites across the web. I mean, if these guys would actually come up with independent thoughts on this issue, maybe everyone else would take them more seriously regarding legalization.

Why don't I ever read on these sites about 'premium' soils <==> volcanic ash <==> mercury content <==> Mad Hatter? All you have to do is Google & apply logic. (Not this logic.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:41 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,656,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This is a post from a young person that does not know what they want to do with life yet. Right now they think getting high getting drunk & partying all the time is so cool well it is gonna screw up your life if you do not make changes real soon your gonna be in real trouble in a few yrs
Are you seriously implying that older people who actually do know what they want to do with their lives don't go out and drink and party and kill people in drunk driving accidents?

Remember a couple of years ago when that prominent doctor drove into the sidewalk near the Galleria and killed two women? He was drunk on perfectly legal alcohol.

Tell me: what trouble exactly is marijuana going to cause besides possibly getting arrested? The only bad thing about marijuana is the legality surrounding it.

Also, how do you know how old I am or what I'm doing in my life? I can assure you I am not getting drunk and partying all the time. Did you ever hear about the word ASSUME? I very rarely drink at all. I've got a good full-time job and my smoking pot at the end of a long day doesn't get in the way of it at all (this is a cue for some 45 year old white republican tea-partier christian to make a joke and imply that I am a janitor or something when in reality, i literally have people's lives in my hands after serious accidents every work day). On the other hand, if I was to use alcohol as regularly as I would use marijuana, I would be a hopeless alcoholic on the street, probably dying from withdrawal if I couldn't get a 40 oz from the corner store, with my brain partially melted from the stuff, and probably growing boobs by now since I would probably have much less testosterone inside me. My pot use doesn't make a difference...I'll bet I'm much, much healthier than the majority of people here...seeing as I actually go to a gym 3-5 times a week....oh yeah, and I'm young and sexy.

See? The pothead cliche stereotype is for idiots who have no idea about what they are actually talking about...they get their knowledge about these situations from stupid movies like Half Baked.

Last edited by glorplaxy; 01-20-2011 at 10:56 AM..

Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,656,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Speaking of things getting stale, is the "alcohol is so much worse" arguments. Physically, I don't doubt that. But I can find the same 9 debate points all over stoner sites across the web. I mean, if these guys would actually come up with independent thoughts on this issue, maybe everyone else would take them more seriously regarding legalization.

Independently? Perhaps the same argument about pot vs. alcohol is brought up all the time because it should be perfectly clear how much more dangerous legal alcohol is than illegal marijuana. Why try to formulate another argument when the one that you claim to see everywhere is so strong?

If anyone actually thinks that the argument about pot being much safer than alcohol is a bad one then they are either 1.) a mindless sheep sucking up anti-drug propoganda commercials 2.) very inexperienced with both drugs or 3.) both

Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
Wasn't there also a house fire in San Leon that the owners didnt want the firemen to put out because it was full of pot plants?

BTW, lets not turn this thread into a pro/anti pot discussion or we'll move it to another forum.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Wasn't there also a house fire in San Leon that the owners didnt want the firemen to put out because it was full of pot plants?
Yes. San Leon fire leads to discovery of marijuana farm | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
BTW, lets not turn this thread into a pro/anti pot discussion or we'll move it to another forum.
Methinks that ship's already sailed out of port.

This is an interesting enough question though - if the economy has hit the skids and government has to cut back police forces, wouldn't it be nice to come up with some priorities? A guy growing some pot in his attic should be way down the list of concerns. I don't think we're ready to let this stupid drug war folly go just yet, but we'll reach a breaking point sooner or later.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

Wait, I forgot, what are we talking about? Dude.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston