Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,649,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamperouge View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the car for me. I've seen videos and photos of it, and I've really taking a liking to the car.

I know its advised against, but if I decide to go through with it, there's nothing I can do to ensure a 'safer' transaction? Aka: Make them sign something and have it notarized, etc.
Stupid is as stupid does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 12:32 AM

13 posts, read 191,539 times
Hey. I bought a carfax on it and it checked out alright. I have their address, the bank's account number and info, everything seems legit.

I've requested photos and theyve sent everything ive asked for. they even took a picture of the car with my username on it XD

Anywho, I'm planning to drive up there next weekend to get all this taken care of. I'm just curious how to word my promisary note.

The car's Standard Valued Price is actually at 26K. They bought it new for 34K. They originally asked for 26K, but I talked them down as I'm extremely short on cash and 22 was something i could afford. I am also building them a website too (for their business) to makeup for a difference for them.

They offered me to send all the money to my bank, have my bank contact theirs, and they said I can leave with the car! As soon as the money is transfered, the title can be mailed out to me. Is this a safer option?

I just want to believe in the good of people XD I hate assuming something will go wrong.

So I'm just curious now as to how to word the promisiary note, and if the above option is a good option also.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:50 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,649,187 times
Quote:
Hey. I bought a carfax on it and it checked out alright. I have their address, the bank's account number and info, everything seems legit.

I've requested photos and theyve sent everything ive asked for. they even took a picture of the car with my username on it XD

Anywho, I'm planning to drive up there next weekend to get all this taken care of. I'm just curious how to word my promisary note.

The car's Standard Valued Price is actually at 26K. They bought it new for 34K. They originally asked for 26K, but I talked them down as I'm extremely short on cash and 22 was something i could afford. I am also building them a website too (for their business) to makeup for a difference for them.

They offered me to send all the money to my bank, have my bank contact theirs, and they said I can leave with the car! As soon as the money is transfered, the title can be mailed out to me. Is this a safer option?

I just want to believe in the good of people XD I hate assuming something will go wrong.

So I'm just curious now as to how to word the promisiary note, and if the above option is a good option also.
I have a bridge to sell you, I think you will love it!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,902,498 times
Quote:

It's like a train wreck, I can't look away....

You do understand that when you buy a NEW car, the very second you drive it off the lot, it becomes a USED car? That even if you only drive it a day and return it, it's a USED car and the value has dropped by thousands of dollars because of that?

The "new" price is totally irrelevant when buying "used". What they paid for it is totally irrelevant. Have you run the Kelly Blue Book numbers on it? (google it).

You seemed determined, so I won't hassle you any more. Maybe it will turn out all right.

You also do understand there's a REASON all these banks and other organizations are demanding contracts and security for THEMSELVES? It's because they DON'T TRUST ANYBODY. Sound advice from them.

Hope it turns out ok for you.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM

4,246 posts, read 11,975,636 times
I've bought my last 2 cars out of state and the test drive being the drive home. Easy way to do this. Get loan for car (use the cash to use as down payment) and your bank will get with the bank that holds the lien. Once paid off go pick up car. Also you can have them leave the car at the bank with them holding the keys on the day you'll be in to pick it up. Since they own the car.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:31 AM

799 posts, read 2,430,573 times
Im not going to post anything that was given to me in confidence, but this price on this complicated deal is pure retail.

I found two examples of cars here locally that are basically the same price...at a dealer.... with certifed used car warranties... and he doesnt have to build a website to get it...

Tell the seller to shove this deal....well you know.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,041,604 times
Quote:
At least you're starting to do some due diligence but I don't think any amount of reports or pictures can substitute for a thorough test drive and mechanical check.

You're making this (buying a car) way harder than it needs to be. If this was such a awesome and rare deal, it would have been sold by now. There are no shortage of good deals on excellent cars available locally if you just look around. No need to be going out of state.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:57 PM

441 posts, read 1,321,877 times
I was helping my friends from abroad with car purchase in Houston area recently. My two cents.

Market is huge here. There are tens of thousands of cars around with no hidden catch and no strings attached, with title available upon purchase. You are not shopping for some rare vintage car or exotic. Yes, there are tons of BMW 3 out there with exactly the same or better price.

Every time you need to hear some story, get involved in some obscure transactions, lien switching, whatever the heck.. just say thank you and keep walking. Totally not worth the effort.

Good luck (you will need it).

Old 01-27-2011, 07:44 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,215,351 times
This doesn't sound like that great of a deal. I just talked down a brand new vehicle for about 2000 more than your original deal. And a car dealer is an actual entity you can take to court if something goes horribly wrong. Not just some dude on the internet in another state.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,041,604 times
Based on another thread started here, he's fallen in love with some cool blue and red LED lighting installed on the car. Who cares if the transmission works, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: