Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM

13 posts, read 191,719 times

Advertisements

I'm getting a car with lights already installed in all of these places and am just curious. It looks really nice and don't want to take it off! I'm in texas.

Does anyone know what legal in terms of lighting on cars? I know anythings legal on a car if it's not driven with, but if it was driven with...

-If my blue interior lights are on when im driving, is that legal?
-If my Chevrolet LED bowtie (probably red or blue) is LED backlit, is that legal to drive w/?
-Are blue halos in the headlights and fog lights legal? Ive seen cars with them, and it looks really awesome. so im hoping its ok.
-If there's a white light in the front grill, barely noticable, is that ok to drive with?

-And the car is from a state that doesn't require a front license plate. I live in Texas and I think it's required on texas vehicles. Do I have to get a front license plate if the car is from another state? Is there a good chance I will be pulled over if not? How long do I have to do this? I have the car today but don't think everything will be finalized for another month (Title transfer, etc). And I want to make sure every things finalized and set before I drill into my sports car XD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,264,303 times
Dude yes the front plate is a MUST and yes they will pull you over for it if not first for any of the other you mentioned. Do you know how annoying and distracting to other drivers all that stuff is especially at night!! You may not get pulled over ASAP on that stuff except the front plate but let me tell ya if ya do do something it will make it least likely for them to not pull you over and then ticket ya for all of it.
I know for a fact abt the front plate cause I got pulled over for it. I hated putting it on.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 PM

okay, thanks. Do I have a certain time period to get a front license plate? I'm waiting for the title to be mailed to me before I register the car in my name, so I'm using the old license plates until then. I think I had 30 days to register it. Should I be good until then?

Any does anyone know any more on the lighting?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:25 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,025,375 times
Halos won't get you in trouble. As for the other stuff, leave it at Pep Boys or to the honda teenagers.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamperouge View Post
I'm getting a car with lights already installed in all of these places and am just curious. It looks really nice and don't want to take it off! I'm in texas.

Does anyone know what legal in terms of lighting on cars? I know anythings legal on a car if it's not driven with, but if it was driven with...

-If my blue interior lights are on when im driving, is that legal?
-If my Chevrolet LED bowtie (probably red or blue) is LED backlit, is that legal to drive w/?
-Are blue halos in the headlights and fog lights legal? Ive seen cars with them, and it looks really awesome. so im hoping its ok.
-If there's a white light in the front grill, barely noticable, is that ok to drive with?

-And the car is from a state that doesn't require a front license plate. I live in Texas and I think it's required on texas vehicles. Do I have to get a front license plate if the car is from another state? Is there a good chance I will be pulled over if not? How long do I have to do this? I have the car today but don't think everything will be finalized for another month (Title transfer, etc). And I want to make sure every things finalized and set before I drill into my sports car XD
I wonder if he is buying chad.roper's car?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 PM

it actually looks more slick than u think I like it. I dont have a camera, but it looks almost exactly like these. It's a black camaro though.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...2500x375-1.jpg

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/atta...8&d=1268794362

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/images...WFogLights.jpg

Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamperouge View Post
it actually looks more slick than u think I like it. I dont have a camera, but it looks almost exactly like these. It's a black camaro though.
I'm sure it does.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,025,375 times
Chad Roper?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,354 times
lol stop hating, i doubt the dudes in the photo could even afford a camaro

But I say go for it man. If you like it, keep it. The lighting looks really cool. Just make sure its not too bright.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 AM

124 posts, read 320,408 times
Fellow Camaro owner here.

The front plate...you might be able to slide without it. HPD doesnt seem to care, but if you get out on the highway, DPS definitely does!

The front Halos are legal, RS camaros come that way from the factory.....although the blue aftermarket foglamps are annoying as hell.

Backlit bowtie?? Seriously? I'd get rid of that due to the cheesiness alone, but thats just me.

Lastly, nothing illegal about the blue ambient interior lighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston