Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:54 PM

5 posts, read 23,037 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am new to teaching, and have been offered a position with Harmony science academy. Anyone have any experience with this charter school. any thoughts?

Thank you,

Old 06-26-2008, 03:34 PM

24 posts, read 94,922 times
Is this in HISD?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:42 PM

5 posts, read 23,037 times
It is in HISD boundaries, but a charter school.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:29 PM

13 posts, read 32,336 times
You all need to do your research on the Harmony Science Academy and the Gulen Movement. This movement is under Fehtullah Gulen who is described as being the most dangerous Islamic Imman in the world. He has a 5th grade education and is currently living in America because he faces charges in Turkey for trying to overthrow a secular government. Gulen is worth $25 Billion.
1) First of all these are NOT Turkish scholars, the Teachers and Principals that are Turkish are uncredentialed and were brought to America under HB-1 Visas that I am sure our tax dollars helped to pay for. Since 2001 Harmony Science has had over 1,100+ HB-1 visas issued to their organization which consists of the typical Gulen lies and deception of layers of foundations: Cosmos Foundation, Interfaith dialogue, Turkish Raindrop and what about those FREE trips to Turkey for Texas politicians?
2) Taqiyya is the art of deception taught in the "Q'uran" Gulen people always try to piggyback on other religions to appear credible. The new Gulen School in St. Louis, MO bought an old Catholic school and is converting it. The Gulen School in Colorado Lotus School of Excellence also uses a church to hide their true agenda.
3) The test scores are fabricated and the honors/awards are largely from Gulen sponsored or owned events like: Turkish Olympiad, Science Olympiad, Math Matters. The Turkish Olympiads are a showcase of how much American Children have been indoctrinated to Turkish nationalism. Waving the Islamic Flag of Turkey - yes this is the Islamic Symbol some of your Texans had NO IDEA. Then the kids are flown to Turkey for the BIG Dog and Pony show for Turkish politicans that delight in American kids becoming Turkified.
4) Chesapeake Science Academy (MD) Closed, Beehive Science Academy (UT) is CLOSING and Dove SCience Academy that had a RAPE on campus is closing (OK) these schools are TROUBLE
Very little of the state reimbursement is going to the students it goes to promote the school (Marketing public Relations) and little into new books and lab equipment.
5) Soner Tarim the Superintendent has NO STATE LICENSE needed for Public School Education Superintendents. There is huge discrepancies in money laundering to Turkish Contractors to build the schools EGE Construction and Atas Construction.
America WAKE UP you are outsourcing our children's education to a foreign entity. GET BACK YOUR AMERICAN PATRIOTISM AND START WAVING THE FLAG OF AMERICA INSTEAD OF THE ISLAMIC FLAG OF TURKEY. and do YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!! Charter. School. Watchdog.com - Turkish Camp Peyton Wolcott - Charters: Turkey, Cosmos Foundation & Bill Gates

Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
Debbie, I looked at your previous posts and it seems you have moved around a lot. Why are you willing to take such a large pay cut to work for a school you know little about?

Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM

Okay, now I'm going to go ahead and say it. Debbie, how can you be "new" to teaching three years in a row? If you want to start a "Muslims are evil" thread, perhaps you should take it elsewhere.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,556,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Okay, now I'm going to go ahead and say it. Debbie, how can you be "new" to teaching three years in a row? If you want to start a "Muslims are evil" thread, perhaps you should take it elsewhere.
You should direct your angst towards the cat that dug up the 2 year old thread. "Debbie" hasn't posted since 2008.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:35 AM

+1 for pointing out my error. Sorry, Debbie!

Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 AM

23,966 posts, read 15,069,127 times
I looked into Harmony Academy when my neighbor received an invite to apply. Still can't figure out how they got her test scores. Their site says that they intend to have a Harmony school in every Texas town that has a college. They are well on their way. They do employe a large amount of H1B1 visa holders. Anybody can apply to the school. Two other kids from my neighborhood go, and like it.
Peyton Wolcott is pretty good when her topic is public school education. She has done all of us a great service.
I renounced my JBS membership over 40 years ago, but I can still spot um a mile away. She should stick to public education.
These guys just figured out a way to tailor their kids education needs to the rules in Texas. No need to be so hostile. We should all be so clever.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 AM

13 posts, read 32,336 times
Clever yes, scholars? Don't think so.
The reason they have a foot hold in Texas is because of the STRONG military defense contracts with Turkey (Raytheon, Boeing, Lockhead - are just a few) It is political. Gulen "works in the arteries of the system to all power centers" Everyone knows this - that has studied the Gulen Movement. Texas people you are being conned, must be too much baklava at the FREE interfaith dinners or the FREE Trips to Turkey sponsored by your local Gulen Foundations: Raindrop Turkish House.
Do your Research!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: