Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgirl79 View Post
I came on specifically looking for info on WSE and Brazos Bend. One thing we're trying to get away from is 'unfriendly staff'. Seriously? If they treat you poorly, how do they treat your kid? I, too, read mixed reviews about WSE. Unfortunately, I do think you get all kinds regardless of what school you attend.
We've lived on both sides of New Territory and we think the vibe at BBE is much friendlier and more down-to-earth than WSE, but they aren't perfect.

Both my husband and I have extensive business and customer service experience and we both notice that the school staff and teachers have NO idea how to interact effectively with parents. They don't do what any entry level customer service rep would do in responding to concerns. Classic response to a suggestion, "We've always done it the same way." Never mind that the "same way" makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 AM

80 posts, read 288,747 times
Thanks, Topaz. That is actually the sort of comparison I was looking for. I don't get how teachers can't figure out how to interact with parents. It's a good chunk of their job! And yeah-my pre-SAHM status was a certified teacher, so it CAN be done! Regardless, I foresee us ending up at one of the two schools by next fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: