Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:54 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,497,638 times

Advertisements

Anytime.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,642,267 times
Immigration is necessary for our country to progress.

...unless any of you will work in the kitchen of a restaurant for $6 an hour.

You know what's funny? I've come across many Americans (older, middle-aged) who were laid off from their long-time, decent-paying jobs and they complain and complain about not being able to find a job....so naturally I ask them if they have tried applying at Kroger or McDonald's and they reply, in digust, "NO!" Hilarious. They think they are too good to work a minimum wage job because THEY are middle aged Americans who had good jobs that disappeared. Apparently, sitting around and complaining about not having any job or money is a better option than actually going out and working, even if the job is lowly.

How about this: enlist your American children to work on farms or wash dishes for less than $7 an hour...or maybe they can build townhouses inside of the loop for $8 an hour, or maybe they can become custodians for a similarly meager wage.

Right or wrong, illegal immigration is absolutely crucial to our low-cost-high-return style of business that we have going on in America and, indeed, many other developed, rich nations (UAE, UK, France, Canada etc). If you don't like illegal immigration then you should start paying double for just about every service that you enjoy in America. THEN we'll see what you are complaining about.

I don't think illegal immigrants are taxing our system as much as angry old tea-partiers would lead you to believe. And even if they are taxing our system a bit, they are surely contributing to it in a much greater undocumented way. I think you people are just scared because this means that America will not be so white in the future. But big deal.

Maybe you should go live in Mexico and clean houses for 12 hours a day and make $100 a week and then tell me how it makes you feel when you can just cross an imaginary line and make 4-5 times more.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knax View Post
If it wasn't for the illegals, they would not even dare to pay 6 bucks an hour.
And, I don't think it's our problem what's going on in 3rd world Mexico.

Your post is worse than a bladder trauma. The BS is not holding back.

You have absolutely no clue about other countries. I have lived in countries where they did not rely on illegals, and guess guess, I did not pay more. But how would you even know this.

If you think illegal immigration is "crucial", then you can't be helped. Nobody wants more ghettos.

So, please quit ranting off about something you have no clue about.

I have plenty of a clue about other countries. I stayed in Mexico for 3 months all at once and have a total of over a year of time there, have been to many other countries also, including those in W. Europe, Morocco, Mali, Niger, Mauritania, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon among others.

I already explained why illegal immigration is crucial. You clearly chose to ignore my rather great examples of other countries. Or maybe you'd rather pay double for everything we enjoy here in America.

I believe a class and/caste system is crucial to the way of life you and I enjoy, meaning people like you and I who are able to be incredibly wealthy while people all over the world starve and work for nothing just to supply us with the products we pay so much for.

Stop ranting about nothing you have no clue about. Talk to me when you've actually been to Mexico and seen how there isn't much opportunity in some places for some people. And it's not the fault of the Mexicans. Believe me, they are much more politically involved than the majority of Americans. If I were born in Mexico in a poor village without even a school, then I know that I would want to cross the border to do a job that needs to be done so that I could make more money to get the things I would want.

Do you even know any Mexicans? Have you even been to Mexico? Not Cancun or some place for rich Americans in Baja, either, but ACTUAL Mexico.

And you're right: what is happening in Mexico is not our problem, but it's not like people like you and I are working to fix things, and no one is asking us to. Mexicans are taking it upon themselves to come into America, work, and make better lives for themselves and their families.

Maybe, if you have such a problem with illegal immigration, you can convince all of the Americans who are out of work to get their lazy asses into a restaurant kitchen and slave over a stove for $6 an hour. Or maybe they can work on a farm. Then illegal immigrants would not be necessary in order to keep our prices of goods and services in America low. Please read my example in my previous posts of how even unemployed Americans are unwilling to do something like work at McDonald's. Really disgusting. And you people wonder why people around the world call Americans "pigs"?

Look around the world, buddy: look at the United Arab Emirates, look at Paris, look at London, look at Toronto...hell, even in Mexico City (which, actually, is quite a wealthy city)...these places get to the level they are at because they have so many immigrants working in all sorts of ways. In northern Morocco, across from Spain, there are a lot of sub-Saharan African immigrants, like Nigerians..even a few in Istanbul. Even Tokyo relies on Vietnamese and Brazilians.

Even China uses illegal immigration in a way, but it is internal...rural chinese are not allowed to just get up and move to a big city like Shanghai or Guangzhou...but they illegally immigrate into the cities and take the jobs that the rich, city-dwellers won't, like hauling 300 pounds on their back up a flight of stairs to supply stores and restaurants.

You sound like you do not know much..

Last edited by glorplaxy; 02-18-2011 at 02:10 PM..

Old 02-18-2011, 02:16 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,650,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post

I don't think illegal immigrants are taxing our system as much as angry old tea-partiers would lead you to believe. And even if they are taxing our system a bit, they are surely contributing to it in a much greater undocumented way. I think you people are just scared because this means that America will not be so white in the future. But big deal.
You can always tell when one has run out of facts and credible arguments when they turn to ad hominems and the race card.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knax View Post
Good, then you know what's going on in Mexico. I am impressed. Great example of other countries? Hate to tell you, but as I already said, it's complete BS. I lived there. You didn't. Case closed. So, you're "we would pay more" BS has been debunked.

You're right. I don't know that much about Mexico. I never lived there. Did you even read my post? You don't have to tell me it's bad in Mexico. I already said that.

And again, they wouldn't even dare to pay 6 bucks if they didn't have plenty of unskilled illegals floating around.

Illegals immigration is imported poverty. Even you know this. Actually, you even said it yourself.

Wondering where all the illegals live in Houston, eh? I can show you where. I've seen the ghettos.

To answer your other question: Yes, I do know Mexicans. As a matter of fact, most wealthy Mexicans I know from Mexico are white. And if you've been to Mexico, you might have noticed something. There seems be be a huge class inequality there. But then again, that's not our problem. If they can't work that out - bad for them. It's their responsibility. The only thing we could help with is the drug war... but that is it.

What countries have you lived in? Which super-rich countries that didn't rely on immigrants? Canada has a ton of Indians and Chinese...UK has a ton of Indians, Middle Easterners and Chinese...France has a ton of north Africans...UAE is %70 immigrants and is incredibly rich. What countries, buddy? Please tell me. I have given you great examples of these rich, developed powerful countries that NEED immigration to be the way they are.

The fact of the matter is that there are illegals floating around who are getting paid less than Americans who go through legal channels to get hired. But guess what? These illegals are here, living in America. They have to pay the same prices for goods and services that you and I pay for them. Food and apartments are not going to be cheaper for them. Tell your unemployed friends to do the jobs that illegals do for the same pay and then there will be no need to hire illegals. Simple as that.

I am not denying that illegal immigrants have less money than some, but I guarantee you that there are more legal Americans who are poorer than illegal immigrants. Why is "poor" such an ugly term? A functioning capitalist society needs different classes of people to do different jobs of different levels of importance.

And again, I never said that you or I were trying to help sort out the socio-political problems in Mexico. I'm not asking you to, and neither are the people of Mexico. The Mexicans I know here are just as American as you are I and they stay here because they want to. If they really wanted to go back to Mexico than they would...and I've known some who have. As I said before, Mexicans are taking it upon themselves to better their own, personal and familial situations by moving to a place where they can and do find work that pays them better.

There are also many poor white Mexicans. You really do not know Mexico. Race is not the same as you would view it here. Chihuahua city is more than half white. In another post, I said how closely northern Mexico is related to Texas. This is one instance.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,587,238 times
closed for mod review

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: