U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 07:06 AM

1,325 posts, read 3,193,100 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good company that can do a quality sprinkler system install for a very affordable price.
I know little to nothing about sprinkler systems, so I would need a company that would come out and do repairs if needed.
I have heard horror stories about sprinkler systems bursting during cold temperatures and the install company charging an arm and a leg to have it fixed.
I obviously do not want service like that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 AM

122 posts, read 452,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I am looking for a good company that can do a quality sprinkler system install for a very affordable price.
I know little to nothing about sprinkler systems, so I would need a company that would come out and do repairs if needed.
I have heard horror stories about sprinkler systems bursting during cold temperatures and the install company charging an arm and a leg to have it fixed.
I obviously do not want service like that.

I used Hydropride Irrigation. The owner is Joe Gonzalez and their phone number is 832-677-8113. They gave me a good price and were quick, but thorough on the installation. They provide a 3 year parts/1 year labor warranty on the new system. The key for avoiding broken pipes/valves in the winter is to winterize the system to get the water out of it. Ask them about it, and they can show you how, and you'll avoid the headaches.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 AM

17,031 posts, read 28,759,951 times
Be sure to have them come out and drain it each fall...pipes will burst if they freeze.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 AM

834 posts, read 2,503,619 times
I used Alberto Castulo 713-410-3267. The only problem I had after installation is that I needed another head in the front yard (between two he had alredy put). I had been close to a year since installation, but not a quite a year, so he only charged me $25 to get it added. Otherwise no problems.

Last edited by Houston_2010; 03-01-2011 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: phone

Old 03-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Has anyone had any experience with Affordable Quality Water Systems?
I know their water softeners have been recommended on here, but I was wondering about their sprinkler systems.
They came out last year and gave me a quote of $1800 for 8 zones.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:12 PM

3 posts, read 6,846 times
I love Advanced Water Works. They are not the cheapest or the most expensive. Service is awesome. They have repaired my 15 year old system, fixed busted pipes, and replaced the valve. I've never had any problems.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM

Default Hunter or Rain Bird Sprinkler Head?

Which of the sprinkler heads perform and hold up better?
I had a couple of guys come out this week to do estimates.
One guy told me that Hunter was the best and therefore costs more.
Another guy told me they are both about the same and he charges the same for either one.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:50 PM

5 posts, read 17,849 times
Rain Bird, Toro, Hunter, K-Rain and Irritrol all make quality sprinkler products. The Hunter stuff is generally overpriced for what you get.

The lower grade products are Orbit and Lawn Genie.

You're better to choose a quality contractor. Many lousy contractors use the "name brand" products. The brand name is no indicator of the workmanship or the quality of the service after sale. Anybody can buy any of these brands, no training or certification required.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM

5,920 posts, read 13,919,525 times
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Be sure to have them come out and drain it each fall...pipes will burst if they freeze.
I agree with Oildog here, though I would say install your own automatic drain valve so you never have to worry about it, or have to call someone out to do it. The automatic drain valves are about two dollars... but you have to dig a hole and place it at the lowest part of your system.

A T-fitting at the bottom of the anti-siphon valve should do the trick. An anti-siphon valve is also required, even if you don't live in the city, it will protect you against allowing backflow into your water system, thus preventing contamination.

Both of my neighbors had their anti-siphon valves bust, one this year, another last year, and the cost varied, $85, and $150. I never worried about mine because I had stopped using my system several weeks before the freeze, and I knew my lines were drained automatically so as to avoid the irrigation pipe freeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston