Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 02:41 PM

567 posts, read 1,622,471 times

Advertisements

No HOA here. Just civic club that's pretty much useless. I will be calling cops next time I see these dogs.

Someone mentioned about "poor cat" - what makes is right for cats to be roaming around too? They crap and pee all over the place just like any dog, but it seems that this act is acceptable. I know, I may not be too sensitive about cats or dogs, but if they are your pets take care of them - keep your cat and dog locked up or on the leash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 03:02 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
Animal control will not come out unless the dogs are trying to attack people SPCA might come out & might not it really depends on how many dogs there really are 4 or more they just might come out

Old 03-15-2011, 06:45 PM

811 posts, read 1,556,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar_Z28 View Post
No HOA here. Just civic club that's pretty much useless. I will be calling cops next time I see these dogs.

Someone mentioned about "poor cat" - what makes is right for cats to be roaming around too? They crap and pee all over the place just like any dog, but it seems that this act is acceptable. I know, I may not be too sensitive about cats or dogs, but if they are your pets take care of them - keep your cat and dog locked up or on the leash.
I mentioned the 'poor cat' and I also said I hate it when people don't take care of their animals. That cat may have been dumped, got lost, who knows, but that doesn't make it OK for dogs to kill it because it was on the loose. My cat does not go outside and my dog doesn't leave the garden unless he is on a lead.
Unfortunately pets do escape sometimes, I just hope to God that mine never do.
I agree with you, I don't think it's right for cats to roam, they also do what comes naturally and kill birds. They live much longer, healthier lives indoors.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:44 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
catch the dogs if they don't look like they'd rip you apart. your description of them walking around undisturbed up to this point makes them sound like they arent the savage type. the nicest house doggy could rip apart any cat once it got the idea into its head.

THEN call the number on the collars. why wasn't this done already?! if no numbers make little signs and post them around the neighborhood saying found dog. keep them in the backyard for a few days till you get some calls. see if you have any nice neighbors willing to put up a dog for a few days. this could save these animals lives. no telling what the spca will do.

if someone claims them let them know next time they are out you'll call animal control or the police and the likelihood the dogs will be killed afterwards if they dont get to them fast enough. stupid humans. make em feel guilty!

or sneak some anti-freeze hamburger meat into their homes once you find out who they are

Old 03-15-2011, 08:50 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
What about a laxative into the hamburger meat? Not enough to hurt the dogs - but enough to cause the owner to think twice about letting them loose and then they come home to .....

Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 PM

i was referring to anti-freezing the family, not the dogs. but i suppose your idea would be a lesson learned as well

Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
What about a laxative into the hamburger meat? Not enough to hurt the dogs - but enough to cause the owner to think twice about letting them loose and then they come home to .....
Or just leave out some Taco Bell. You'll get the same outcome but maybe a tad bit messier.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 PM

i had the BOX last week and ate into a Crunch Wrap Not-So-Supreme combo. I'd gulp a couple of shots of anti-freeze and take my chances

cooked mayo

Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
i was referring to anti-freezing the family, not the dogs. but i suppose your idea would be a lesson learned as well

Old 03-16-2011, 10:46 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar_Z28 View Post

Ever read or hear about a cat attacking and killing a child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston