Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times

Advertisements

Yeah, you call me out alright, and I kindly (in my own special way) tell you what you can do with your opinions. I've never been fazed by the homers, and I'm not about to start now. So let's not do this on a Sunday...now, back on topic, shall we?

Old 03-20-2011, 12:45 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Yeah, you call me out alright, and I kindly (in my own special way) tell you what you can do with your opinions. I've never been fazed by the homers, and I'm not about to start now. So let's not do this on a Sunday...now, back on topic, shall we?
you have clearly been listening, I have not heard a rant about trees in a while.

btw, I would rather be a homer than a poster with nothing to pride himself in.

I happen to live in a city that I find delightful; a place I always long to return to and its progress always brings a smile to my face.

Pride in your city is by no means a bad thing; lack of pride in anything......, well, thats a different story

Old 03-20-2011, 12:48 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Oh I remember, and Al knows I call him out on his nonsense.

I know you do.

ah pssssssssh, it is more beneficial to see for yourself. There is more to the US than ATL you know, I know you love it but you need to see more of the country
Apparently, there's more to Houston than Atlanta. LOL!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Apparently, there's more to Houston than Atlanta. LOL!
only 1,700,000 more. that is not significant at all.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:03 PM

I was speaking on how DANNY said that Houston is similar to LA, New Orleans, Dallas, Miami, and Atlanta. LOL!

Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I was speaking on how DANNY said that Houston is similar to LA, New Orleans, Dallas, Miami, and Atlanta. LOL!
I would say it reminds me of a mixture of LA and New Orleans. I don't get much of the Miami and ATL.

And why would you compare Houston to Dallas? a smaller city in the same state?

Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
LMAO...Houston more like Los Angeles than Atlanta. Can I please share this with the Californians? It'll be my late birthday gift

Old 03-20-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
LMAO...Houston more like Los Angeles than Atlanta. Can I please share this with the Californians? It'll be my late birthday gift
LOL! The Woodlands, from what I've seen on pictures, really looks like Atlanta.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:46 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
This is what Danny was talking about.
Many Faces of Houston

This is a reply by a Houston poster regarding that post on what Houston looks like.
Quote:
You know what? I love this group of photos. These photos show the many faces of Houston. The first photo could double as a scene out of Florida. The second photo could be a small little town in the Southeast. The third photo could be Dallas. The fourth photo could be on a street in New Orleans. The fifth photo could be from a barrio in Los Angeles. And to a untrained eye, the last two photos could actually be taken as one of many streets in Detroit, IMO. Plus there are many areas of north Houston that could probably double as Atlanta with it's thick forests.
Yes H-Town. I do get the Miami comparisons. My mother born and raised in Miami said Houston reminds her of her hometown but more spread out. Many South Florida posters on the internet noted the exact same similarity between Houston and South Florida. Heck, New Orleans looks like South Florida in many respects. I guess that's most coastal cities do in the South.

A&M, North Houston and it's suburbs do look like Atlanta with the thick forests. But Houston is like a younger version of LA and New Orleans put together. Now when it comes to vibe or whatever, that's a whole other story that I know nothing about.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:56 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
BTW, I also disagree with the poster that said Houston is like Dallas with a hint of Beaumont. Yes there are similarities but I think the differences outweigh them. I don't think Dallas looks like Houston for one. I also get a different feel between the two. The DFW metroplex is more stereotypical Texan than Houston. It is also more like the mid-south with a slight bit of Southwest and Great Plains Midwest (though very small).

Houston, OTOH, is more Southern and that's Gulf Coast Southern at that. It looks more like a city out of Southern Louisiana than anything in the rest of Texas. Not to mention that Houston has a large creyol and cajun influence from Southern Louisianans moving to Houston over the decades if not entire century and you get a different feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston