Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 01:14 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,789,685 times

Advertisements

Hey guys we’re in Sugar Land and we would like to pull the trigger on landscaping our backyard and I could use some ideas and guidance to educate myself before doing anything. I basically need some ideas around pool friendly landscaping as well as references for a good landscaper who could deliver the job for us. I attached two pictures from my security surveillance system just to get an idea what I have in the backyard.

Here are my requirements:

· I need the landscape design to provide privacy an all 3 sides (3 fences) of the backyard
· The landscape design should be very simple, very clean and not crowded
· We like contemporary stuff so I don’t know if that translates into anything as far as the landscape design goes
· The landscape should be pool friendly, no need to create extra pool work because of the landscape
· The landscape should also be trouble free for the pool i.e. roots damaging the pool and all of that
· The landscape should be as care free as possible. In our old house we used to touch up the landscape once a year for the major stuff and the lawn guys will do the small stuff every week
· The price for the job should be reasonable, we’re not rich by any means and I watch every penny I spend
· Lastly, the landscaper should be reasonable and recommend what is necessary for the job rather than selling us more stuff and services.

Thanks for all the help, ideas and guidance.

http://www.bmw850.us/P1.jpg (broken link)

http://www.bmw850.us/P2.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston