Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:17 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglesmith View Post
There are nicer areas as far as wooded scenery (Woodlands, etc.), but they are often impractical from a financial standpoint.

Seriously??? Her 350 budget will get her a large, new home up there.

The Woodlands is too far from the Medical Center. Sugarland for location and if you want more diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:04 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglesmith View Post
Friendswood and especially Pearland have some "attitude" problems, in my opinion. Kind of a clique-ish, snobbish attitude. The Pearland police are nuts too. They seem to have too many aggressive rookies, who like to pull over law-abiding folks like myself who are just trying to get through their poor city. Clear Lake is great though.
Huh? I have found the people in Pearland extremely friendly and down to earth. I haven't found many snobs in Friendswood either, but I don't know too many people there.

Were you speeding? The cops don't pull people over for *no* reason.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:07 PM

94 posts, read 294,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Huh? I have found the people in Pearland extremely friendly and down to earth. I haven't found many snobs in Friendswood either, but I don't know too many people there.

Were you speeding? The cops don't pull people over for *no* reason.
They pull people over for bogus reasons. In this particular case, I was definitely NOT speeding. I know to be extra careful going through there. But not being familiar with the roads there, I realized when I approached an intersection, that I needed to get over into the left lane. Nothing extreme, nothing unusual. A cop raced over (nearly running into several other cars in the process), pulled me over, and accused me of an "illegal lane change". He went back and forth between his vehicle as though this was a serious matter that he had to resolve, and took a ridiculous amount of time, even though I had - and have always had - a clean and spotless record. I almost filed a complaint, but figured it would be pointless and go nowhere in that "good ol' boy" town.

I've been driving in the Houston area for over 30 years, and I've never encountered hyper psycho cops like are/were Pearland. I've had to go through that area several other times as well, and witnessed the same behavior with other drivers. The police pulled out and raced up to them in an aggressive manner, as though they are hardened criminals, running from the law.

Last edited by Truglesmith; 03-30-2011 at 01:36 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 06:08 PM

22 posts, read 34,893 times
Yeah don't come to Pearland, car jackings at gun point in the Shadow Creek area! Plus really bad road construction and really bad engineering put into the timing of traffic lights, you burn lots of gas idling away with no one in the opposite direction, then you get car jacked!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:18 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,556,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonisgreat View Post
Yeah don't come to Pearland, car jackings at gun point in the Shadow Creek area! Plus really bad road construction and really bad engineering put into the timing of traffic lights, you burn lots of gas idling away with no one in the opposite direction, then you get car jacked!
Hey, everybody!.....our california parking lot, plastic fork using, greek salad eatin' friend is back.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
Hey, everybody!.....our california parking lot, plastic fork using, greek salad eatin' friend is back.
yeah - debating that on another thread. He/She just joined now, has two posts and both are groundless Houston fear-mongering.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:35 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
He has a point though. Pearland traffic blows.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 PM

724 posts, read 1,685,221 times
If you don't have kids, go live in town and reverse commute to all the hospitals. If you have kids, they will need a good school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston