Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Thats why I keep posting this info hoping some will take the time to do the research and as i stated get educated in what your rights are before you have NONE left!!.
If you just want to screw with the tow drivers, pull over onto the shoulder and sit and wait. When one stops and they get out and approach you, tell them your car just started up then drive off and wave bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 02:42 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
If you just want to screw with the tow drivers, pull over onto the shoulder and sit and wait. When one stops and they get out and approach you, tell them your car just started up then drive off and wave bye.
Who's talking about S***wing with the Tow Truck drivers ?? we are talking about can they legally charge you for a service that you did not ask for.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:49 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,463 times
Quote:
Who's talking about S***wing with the Tow Truck drivers ?? we are talking about can they legally charge you for a service that you did not ask for.
I get charged for all sorts of services I don't ask for... social security, ethanol blended into my gasoline, police to sit at the corner of intersections to check for expired registrations, etc, etc.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
I get charged for all sorts of services I don't ask for... social security, ethanol blended into my gasoline, police to sit at the corner of intersections to check for expired registrations, etc, etc.
And some people just don't get it !

Old 03-26-2011, 11:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
I haven't really made up my mind but Safe Clear has been in effect for six years now and if the statement above is really true then there should be statistics to back it up. Six years is plenty of time to show a drop in accidents attributed to stalled cars.
Let me google that for you

Old 03-27-2011, 12:00 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
And some people just don't get it !
LOLZ people like you crack me up. Usually, you are the same person who raises hell at the Walmart return desk over the $1.27 you were overcharged. My dad is just like you with, "oh the government can't charge me for this... government is trying to screw me over this... I never consented for this..damn government....damn government.... damn government." Eventually though I just realized it was just really a cover for being cheap....

So enjoy it dude. It's not like those vehicular fees and inspections do anything.... like pay for cleaner air, build more highways, etc.

So hey, let's just go back to 1787 when the constitution was adopted. We can count black people as 3/5 a person during the census and only white males can vote! Yes yes, not being adaptable and adhering rigidly to a document that was conceived over 300 years ago is a recipe for success.

Sorry if that was a little over the top... but come on listen yourself.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLZ people like you crack me up. Usually, you are the same person who raises hell at the Walmart return desk over the $1.27 you were overcharged. My dad is just like you with, "oh the government can't charge me for this... government is trying to screw me over this... I never consented for this..damn government....damn government.... damn government." Eventually though I just realized it was just really a cover for being cheap....

So enjoy it dude. It's not like those vehicular fees and inspections do anything.... like pay for cleaner air, build more highways, etc.

So hey, let's just go back to 1787 when the constitution was adopted. We can count black people as 3/5 a person during the census and only white males can vote! Yes yes, not being adaptable and adhering rigidly to a document that was conceived over 300 years ago is a recipe for success.

Sorry if that was a little over the top... but come on listen yourself.
It would appear that what the Government is trying to do ( as your dad say's ) is working ,you like many others just don't get it but that's ok I , a few others and like those that died in the wars, will keep on fighting for yours and our rights that were given in that 300 year old document. And as for those fee's charged by the Tow co. as was the subject of the OP, they go into the pocket of that private Tow company.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:33 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,084 times
Today we're getting screwed by tow companies or by money-maker / unconstitutional selective law enforcement (red light cameras) and I wonder who is going to screw us out of our money tomorrow.
Just keep on paying your hard earned money and never question the system.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Cute.

Knowing how mayors like to twist statistics to justify their own proposals, I'd like to see comps for similar cities that did not implement a Safe Clear. But offhand, the stats are potentially promising. Anything since 2006?

And if it really is the most cost effectiveness thing the city has done then perhaps they need to keep paying the tows and find something else to cut? Because when people realize they are faced with a non-consent tow if they come to a stop on the shoulder, I think they are going to be trying to coast to an exit rather than safely stop, or worse, blaze over the grass to the feeder. Or rushing to change a flat before a wrecker arrives.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,580,488 times
I dont understand why some are even worried they're going to have a break down on the highway. did you all buy american or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston