Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:33 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times

Advertisements

We had some rain the other night. For about an hour or two. Maybe that will spark up some flower activity. I see plenty of those pink flowers all over the place. If they are growing I bet the bluebonnets are too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,264,303 times
We went up to the Hill Country last year at this time and we hit a week too early. It was not until we drove thru Brenham on the way home that we saw the one and only field full of BBs. We were just discussing when we would go this year since we saw a TON out at IAH last weekend. The kids kept asking if we could stop the car and get out!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
Thanks for all the replies. What has made planning anything so difficult is the
late start we get because my aunt's idea of an early outing is leaving the house
by 1pm. :/

We did drive up to Brenham and were amazed by how little there was in terms of
bluebonnets. The women at the Visitor's Center mentioned that a freeze in
February and the lack of rain have made it a late (bad) bluebonnet season. I
felt horrible that we dragged them all the way up there just to eat lunch, lol.
We went to a sandwich place about a block from the Visitor's Center. The
sandwich's were fine but at almost $7 a sandwich, I expected more than what I
could have made at home. Since everything closes down between 3-5pm, there wasn't much for us to do.

We were able to make it to Blue Bell before they closed and that was a nice
treat. On the way home we made a stop at the outlets off 290 and they all got to do some shopping.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM

322 posts, read 710,194 times
Bluebonnet season is pretty dire this year. Last weekend we went around Granbury, Glen Rose - and dry as a desert. Drove Fort Worth to Dallas and saw a few... not like years before. Then Dallas to Ennis, where usually the fields around Ennis are gorgeous. A few, but not the blankets I remembered from years back. Thought to get off around Navasota, but decided the chances are slim.

Folks in the area say its the lack of rain, which is quite a reasonable suggestion. It was very dry up north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston