Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
I absolutely know what you mean about inconsiderate and ignorant dog owners.... they make life so much tougher for the rest of us....

that said, my dogs are better behaved and less messy and destructive than most people's children.... the children are allowed nearly everywhere.... my dogs, not so much.....

and THAT said.... i see no problem at all with dogs being allowed in outdoor dining areas.... and would personally not mind if they were allowed in to the indoor dining areas... but given American's attitudes towards that, i don't see it happening in my lifetime.....
You're forgetting one minor fact: children are humans.

Personally, I have no desire to sit across from some animal panting and salivating while I'm trying to enjoy my meal. And a lot of people are allergic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 01:02 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
you never had a salivating dribbly kid around you? lucky. dogs dont pick noses or spread the flu.

i consider most dogs way less noisy, gross and quiet than the average child. overseas many places allow dogs inside restaurants. the dog owners are smart keep the dogs next to them or under the table. there are also some places that disuade families from bringing kids. smart!

i <3 souper salad but months ago a kid was running free-for-all down the buffet taking things with his hands, eating some, and then putting the remnants back on the buffet line

the impulse to clothes line the little nut job was high. parents were clueless and kids working at the restaurant dont care. you cant say much to a parent and actually have them act right. people are so sensitive about calling their offspring crazy

Old 04-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Both dogs and children can be a nuisance when not properly supervised, true. But one is an animal and one is a human like me. That's the big difference that matters to me, personally. Then again I'm biased as I'm such a softy when it comes to kids and I'm not exactly in love with dogs.

Honestly, I'd support bringing cats into restaurants before dogs. Cats are small, quiet, and they mind their own business. They're just generally more appropriate for a place like a restaurant.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:19 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
[quote=testmo;18796851]
overseas many places allow dogs inside restaurants. the dog owners are smart keep the dogs next to them or under the table. there are also some places that disuade families from bringing kids. smart!

Over Seas some people eat dogs, should we start to do the same over here?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:20 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
You're forgetting one minor fact: children are humans.

Personally, I have no desire to sit across from some animal panting and salivating while I'm trying to enjoy my meal. And a lot of people are allergic.
Personal preference more than anything. And alot of people are allergic to peanuts too. Probably means they shouldn't go to a chinese restaurant.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
overseas many places allow dogs inside restaurants. the dog owners are smart keep the dogs next to them or under the table. there are also some places that disuade families from bringing kids. smart!
Over Seas some people eat dogs, should we start to do the same over here?
I don't know. Which is the tastiest breed?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM

I can just imagine sitting down at a table eating when a happy-go-lucky owner who thinks everyone should love dogs walks in with their overly-friendly mut sniffing patrons' pants and panting as they're ushered to their table....right next to mine. Gross.

And it would only be a matter of time before some owners would think it's acceptable to not have their dog on a leash when they bring him inside.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
Personal preference more than anything. And alot of people are allergic to peanuts too. Probably means they shouldn't go to a chinese restaurant.
True, but airborne allergies to peanuts and other foods aren't that common. Plus, people would have an idea of what restaurants to avoid.

Dogs are not on the menu. Bringing them into a restaurant is imposing on people who would otherwise enjoy eating there. That isn't fair.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
i don't know. Which is the tastiest breed?
lol

Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
True, but airborne allergies to peanuts and other foods aren't that common. Plus, people would have an idea of what restaurants to avoid.

Dogs are not on the menu. Bringing them into a restaurant is imposing on people who would otherwise enjoy eating there. That isn't fair.
Well they wouldn't be going inside of restaurants with this bill and severe allergy to dog dander is not universal anymore than airborne peanut allergies. Maybe more common, but not overwhlemingly so. And restaurants would not be mandated to accept dogs, but could do so if they believed their clientele wanted it. The people that didn't like dogs on the patio would then just have to go inside or somewhere else, whose business that business would lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston