Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 05:22 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,821,369 times

Advertisements

I'm having a pants party if you would like to come?

(sorry, I couldn't resist. I love Anchorman)

Old 04-16-2011, 06:04 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyhoustongyrl View Post
I'm brownskinned.....and i been to 2 churches...really i don't know where to go...usually when go to lil events, guys there are already taken, they out there with their girlfriends and kids...
How do you know they are taken? How do you know its their g/f and/or kids?

Old 04-16-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
If I had friends I would go out...I met a girl at work but she has 5 kids and very low self esteem and I definitely don't want to hang around someone like that...the others that I conversate with are either already married or just too damn old to do anything...If I had a friend to go out with I would definitely be willing to go and do things....
Is she African-American and a Single mom?

How old to do anything? Where were you raised?

I would work on making a couple friends you can trust first.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:09 PM

81 posts, read 148,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
How do you know they are taken? How do you know its their g/f and/or kids?

Because they are holding hands, etc they do things to each other that couples do..

Old 04-16-2011, 06:10 PM

81 posts, read 148,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Is she African-American and a Single mom?

How old to do anything? Where were you raised?

I would work on making a couple friends you can trust first.

No she is Mexican and yes she's a single mom..she's 34 yrs old

Old to do anything meaning hanging out with me..they are in their 50's

I was born and raised in North Carolina

True I agree with the making friends part..nothing like having a good friend

Old 04-16-2011, 06:21 PM

16 posts, read 22,653 times
then how about starting there... making friends. You really won't make friends if you don't have some kind of roots. So pick something, whatever it is that you like...and stick to it... hopefully you'll make friends that way.

It takes time to make true close friends and it also takes two. Both parties have to want to be friends. It's also something that cannot be forced, so give it sometime. In the meantime, can't you find other people you can hang out with until you make close friendships?

Think positively... its also a mindset as well.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:43 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
I'm a 31 yr old, black female and yes I'm attractive, I love to work out and the place I work are mostly women and the guys that work there are attracted to me but I rather not have a relationship with co workers...and I went grocery shopping the other day and met a policemen and he invited me to dinner but he was oh not so my TYPED ugh!!!
Put that in your diary as the best choice you ever would make in your life. That along with the 2nd best lesson in life which to NEVER EVER EVER EVER get married.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:54 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
I'm brownskinned.....and i been to 2 churches...really i don't know where to go...usually when go to lil events, guys there are already taken, they out there with their girlfriends and kids...
I just noticed the brown skinned thing. I guess that means you're Afro American? Don't ignore my advice early on about country dancing because you think it's a white person thing. I'm white and my full time dance partner is 24 years younger then me and Afro American. Real pretty too. Who cares. There are a few Afro American men who tear that floor up at Wild West I see at least Wednesdays and Fridays. They were not there tonight though.

So go for it girl!!!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Because they are holding hands, etc they do things to each other that couples do..
That can also mean they are just dating and not in a relationship.

Houston has the 4th largest population in the country which means there is a fierce competition. You just have to be a little aggressive.

How many times do guys ask out in a month?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
No she is Mexican and yes she's a single mom..she's 34 yrs old

Old to do anything meaning hanging out with me..they are in their 50's

I was born and raised in North Carolina

True I agree with the making friends part..nothing like having a good friend
My 2nd guess would have been Mexican, lol.

Why did you leave NC?

So I think you would need to work making some friends, REAL friends that will be there for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston