Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 PM

47 posts, read 96,060 times

Advertisements

It turns out the panel in our new house is GE, but it is a little undersized for a modern home, and also has a couple of issues that were considered OK at the time of installation, but would not be done this way in a new installation (might not even meet current code). I don't remember the specifics, but it was not an immediate safety issue.

By the way, the first round is underway, had 4 different landscraper/irrigator type fellas out on Saturday, got complete quotes from 2, a couple of weird numbers I wouldn't quite call a quote from the 3rd, and hoping to receive the 4th quote Friday.

Turns out the water heater needs service or replacement right away so that should get fixed up by the end of the week.

Next up, HVAC turns out to not function very well despite relatively new stuff in the attic.

I've been trying to make heads or tails of the hvac-talk.com forum, and my head is spinning. HVAC is complicated! My thermodynamics class back in the day is not really helping me out too much either

Thanks for all the posts you guys, you really were quite helpful. I can update when we select someone and let you know how the project goes if anyone is curious.

Last edited by jiffener; 05-25-2011 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: misspelled tails (oops)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,665,848 times
Always nice to get updates on posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston