Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:53 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,516,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
For the record you really need to understand what a Communist is before you can use the word this much.

The appropriate word is Facist.
Ok a communist fascist. When some one who holds power over me bosses me around and makes decisions about me, my family and my life........call it what you wish but one thing is for sure. It is NOT a democracy and it is not freedom.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Well if you're going to be a big boy or girl and buy a house, you should really read and understand all the words in that big pile of papers you have to affix your mark to. If you don't, the ONLY person to blame is you.

If you don't understand them, hire someone who does, and they can explain it. You're buying a house, a couple of hundred bucks for a lawyer is a small investment.
You have a good point. A useless, unreasonable and dumb one but it's still a really good point. Lets take it further. You buy any big ticket item. A TV, a car, a computer, anything...........you get a limited warranty on it that is as long as a bible using words few can comprehend. Name one person other then the team of Attorneys who wrote that damn thing who actually read it before their purchase.

I dare you to tell me you read the usual 400 pages of hogwash in any typical communist HOA journal or shall I call it manuscript. Why bother? Why the hell does a journal even exist that dictates how you and I can and can't run our homes?

As Americans we have the basic human right under the constitution to own, occupy and enjoy the fruits of our land. Until those communist loving azzholes want to pay my mortgage and taxes I choose to do as I wish with my piece of the pie. As long as I don't hurt anyone and abide by basic common sense and respect of others. Notice I did not say laws. There are way too many laws and way too many domestic terrorists who jamb them down our throats while violating these very same laws daily.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:05 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,014,209 times
so a democracy and freedom means anarchy and chaos? ah one of those people. you are not just a leftist, but a super leftist!

again with the communists. if you use the term "domestic terrorist" in an HOA discussion your argument should be considered moot

going a little extreme ya think?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:07 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,650,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ok a communist fascist. When some one who holds power over me bosses me around and makes decisions about me, my family and my life........call it what you wish but one thing is for sure. It is NOT a democracy and it is not freedom.
I don't disagree with your sentiment, but ultimately it is freedom because everyone has the choice whether or not they want to buy a home in a HOA.

And it is a democracy. HOA's are elected. The best way to keep the HOA off your back (aside from paying dues and playing by the rules you agreed to play by) is to get on the HOA and fix it from the inside.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,453,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
There are plenty of places out there without HOAs.
Actually, there really aren't. I think that is what people who dislike HOA's want...a little more choice. The builders are sucking up all the land and putting in subdivisions with HOA's.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 PM

239 posts, read 636,435 times
Quote:
It is when the information is made available to you and you freely choose enter into the agreement.

Whining about it later because you somehow decide that you didn't understand it,, or suddenly don't like it, is both childish and absurd.

"You're not the boss of me!" ~my son, at age 4 years, when faced with the consequences of a choice he'd made.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
so a democracy and freedom means anarchy and chaos? ah one of those people. you are not just a leftist, but a super leftist!
No I am right handed and do not use your political terms. I belong to no political teams or parties as you call them. Anarchy? Give us fellow humans a little more credit will ya? We don't need a law for everything we say and do just so the domestic terrorists can fine us to raise funds for their pet projects in the name of safety. Geez!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
Actually, there really aren't. I think that is what people who dislike HOA's want...a little more choice. The builders are sucking up all the land and putting in subdivisions with HOA's.
Builders are sucking up the land? I have news for ya. The land has sucked up the Builders as the vast majority of them are either bankrupt or sitting idle doing nothing and watching all the vacant unsold inventory rot. Oh I guess you are talking about several years ago before the depression hit us like a brick.

2,465 posts, read 5,761,220 times
Mikeyyc, LizzySWW

How naive of you both. I genuinely hope that your house will be foreclosed from under you even after reading that stupid contract (see what it feels like to be in the receiving end, and that's probably the only way to eat your own words) What you fail to understand is that HOA"s are abusive and despite clear understanding of the contract they still can and WILL foreclose you. That's as bad as communism, where there is no rule of law. You're not getting the fundamental issue here and please stop flashing "you haven't read nor understand the contract". Stop insulting us, we know how to read and use common sense.

9,019 posts, read 14,198,909 times
Quote:
Maybe this can help. Political spectrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can't be a communist AND a facist. You're one or the other. It's like calling a coin. You're heads or tails as they are similar, but totally opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston